Topic: Both fireface 800 showing errors

So those who read my post know I was having problems running both fireface 800 on Windows 10 with Cakewalk and finding a stable firewire card. So I decided to reset my Windows 10 and connect my fireface 800 together through the fire wire 800 port I have sound and it's showing that it's synced but occasionally the red light flashes and my sound is breaking up constantly and I'm getting high numbers of errors on both fire faces in the settings Windows. I'm trying to figure out how to diagnose what these errors are? How do I know if I have a bad firewire port on the fireface 800 if that could be the issue? Or if it's something else? And does anyone know if it's possible to convert firewire to 3.0 USB with an adapter on the fireface 800?

Re: Both fireface 800 showing errors

The first thing I would test would be the easiest and cheapest - try a new firewire cable.  Borrowing one if you don't have a spare, would be ideal.  If that's good, I would see if you can plug your FF into another computer (different Firewire interface) to test that end.

I assume you're up to date on driver (3.124) and firmware (2.77).  If not update those.

I think I've seen some Firewire to USB 2 adapters, but don't know if there are FW to USB 3 adapters.  Try Google.

As for testing I don't know.  I would try the troubleshooting I mentioned first. I don't use it a lot, but I recall there being a Bit & Noise function in DigiCheck.  You could look into that.

Best of luck.

FireFace800 (D 3.125, fw 2.77) Ryzen9 3950X, 570X Extrm4,  Win10 Prox64 1909, 32Gb DDR4-3600, GTX950

Hi, Thanks for replying. Yes drivers & firmware are up to date. Yes I have multiple cables in 400 & 800 and have tried them all. The 400 connection is stable the 800 connection is this one I'm questioning because of the occasional red led flash. I could only find firewire 400 to USB 2.0 adapters.

So just as an experiment I decided to connect the second fire face 800 to the first fireface 800 via firewire 400 and the first fireface 800 is connected to the computer via firewire 800 and so far it seems to be working fine I'm reinstalling all my software now and then I'm going to test it out in Cakewalk and see how that goes. But it's playing audio from my computer with no problem now as where it was not doing this before all the audio was breaking up real bad in the DAW software and PC audio. I know it says connect them via firewire 800 but the 400 seems to be the only thing working for me right now.