Topic: Keeping my fireface 800 connected with both 400 and 800 FW ports

So the thing is this. I use different computers with my fireface 800. My PC workstation is connected through the FW 400 port, and my macbook is connected with a thunderbolt-to-firewire adapter through my FW 800 port.
Until now I have turned around my whole rack to unplug the different ports on the back of my fireface 800 interface, but that is kind of a hassle.

So my question is this. Is it ok if I keep both ports connected at the back of my fireface 800, but not connected to my computers simultaneously? If I f.ex use my macbook that is connected through the FW 800 port, the FW 400 port would be unplugged from my PC but still be plugged in on my fireface. When I use one computer the other cable would just be connected to "thin air", but both the FW 800 and FW 400 ports on my fireface would be constantly connected.
I have not tried it yet, but I was hoping some of you would be able to illuminate me on the topic?

Peace.

Re: Keeping my fireface 800 connected with both 400 and 800 FW ports

Sure, it works fine. Just take care to shut down the computer before you plug in or unplug the FireWire cable. Otherwise, you can damage the PC or the Fireface.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Keeping my fireface 800 connected with both 400 and 800 FW ports

Thank you so much Jeff! I really appreciate it.