Re: TotalMix FX 1.50 and Total Remote - Questions and Answers

Soon, it's worked on right now.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi ... yesterday everything was working fine ... today I have a massage "No UDP data received at all" ... I have no firewall at all ! what could it be ? Thx ...

A Firewall smile  One that you are not aware of, for example in your Anti-Virus Scanner, or in your network router.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

104 (edited by remicom 2018-04-09 19:27:41)

RME Andoid users rejoice! Wine 3.0 is out allowing to run Windows exe on Android. I have not tried running TMFX Remote, but I don't see why it shouldn't work on Android tablets (I read ARM processor tablets may have issues though).

If anybody tries Total Remote on Android let us know!

https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/android/

Alternatively, if you have a spare Windows machine on the network just remote to it from your tablet. Download Windows RDP app for Android to be able to share screen with that Windows box (search GooglePlay for Remote Desktop Connection).

Have that Windows machine running Totalmix Remote, and use it that way.

105 (edited by djcandu 2018-05-03 19:07:13)

HELLO
question:

is it now possible to see from the RME UCX display the volume change via RME ARC USB of the headphone output ( so no PH on display) and / or other output not manually selected and / or the current volume of the outputs only switching through RME ARC USB? Thanks!

also,
can you explain better this news? (ARC USB wheel rotation is now locked to the fader's travel position, unless going over the top and bottom) How can I try? Thanks!

BEST
MC

Matteo Candura
*Songwriter*Producer*Remixer*Musician*Artist*

There is no change in the UCX display.

If you move the ARC USB wheel the fader in TM FX will follow 1:1. So you will go back to the exact same volume when moving from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock and back to 9 o'clock. That was not the case before as the ARC USB had an independent accelleration method. This 'lock' obviously gets broken if you move the fader to the top and keep on turning the wheel.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

There is no change in the UCX display.

If you move the ARC USB wheel the fader in TM FX will follow 1:1. So you will go back to the exact same volume when moving from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock and back to 9 o'clock. That was not the case before as the ARC USB had an independent accelleration method. This 'lock' obviously gets broken if you move the fader to the top and keep on turning the wheel.

Ah ok got it! Thanks!

I hope to see it in the next updates, because not knowing the volume level, at a distance from UCX so in remote, and without TOTALMIXFX open on the display, can not easily restore the same volume of the various outputs.

Thanks
BEST
MC

Matteo Candura
*Songwriter*Producer*Remixer*Musician*Artist*

At least for the main volume that is no problem - function Recall...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

109 (edited by johirt 2018-05-07 10:18:59)

Guten Morgen,
habe gerade den neuen Treiber installiert und leider Audiodropouts, Knacksen. Gibt es schon Erfahrungswerte?
Bin jetzt zurück auf 1.099. Hier keine Probleme
Fireface 802, Intel I7, Windows 10

johirt wrote:

Guten Morgen,
habe gerade den neuen Treiber installiert und leider Audiodropouts, Knacksen. Gibt es schon Erfahrungswerte?

Welche Win10 Version (Build #)?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Windows 10 pro
Version 1709
Build 16299.371

112 (edited by ramses 2018-05-07 14:06:52)

johirt wrote:

Windows 10 pro
Version 1709
Build 16299.371

BTW ... solltest Du vorhaben, auf die neue April Version 1803 upzugraden und damit gegenzutesten, dann warte lieber noch ein Weilchen ab bzw versuche das Zwangsupgrade noch ein bisschen herauszuzögern, sofern Du über die PRO Version verfügst.

Von dem was man so liest, scheint die 1803er Version nicht gerade gut ausgetestet zu sein.

Ich würde mir ein Diskimage der Fall Creators Version irgendwo sicher und redundant aufbewahren.

Details hierzu siehe: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27106

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

113 (edited by Dandruff 2018-05-07 19:16:25)

johirt wrote:

Guten Morgen,

Same here with WDM playback in Media Player Classic Homecinema 1.7.13 x64 (dropdowns, crackles + playback speed slowdown) - but it looks like I got it working by enabling "Internal Audio-Switcher" in MPC. Still never noticed something like that with older drivers.

Windows 8.1
RME HDSPe AiO (48 kHz)

Na das geht ja munter durcheinander hier. Was hat Windows 8.1 und der HDSP Treiber mit obigen Meldungen zu tun?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Dachte es geht um die neuen Treiber mit TotalMix FX 1.50.

Am Treiber der AIO wurde, verglichem mit dem vorherigen, nichts geändert, und TM FX beeinflusst die Performance der Audio Aufnahme/Wiedergabe nicht. Können Sie den alten Treiber 4.21 wieder installieren um das zu verifizieren? Falls der vorherige Treiber nicht der 4.21 war ist der Vergleich ungültig, denn in dem hatte sich tatsächlich was geändert, siehe liesmich.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

117 (edited by Thermaltake 2018-05-09 06:10:04)

After installing new TotalMix, I found some kind of text bug or something in my Settings. When I open Settings and leave it few seconds "Sample rate" text change to bold (some weird thing is happening to text little hard to explain) and when I switch tab to Analog or any other tabs and switch back to Fireface (1) tab it's ok again, but only that second, again after 2 seconds it turns bold.

https://i.imgur.com/G3YMmJc.jpg

MC wrote:

Am Treiber der AIO wurde, verglichem mit dem vorherigen, nichts geändert, und TM FX beeinflusst die Performance der Audio Aufnahme/Wiedergabe nicht. Können Sie den alten Treiber 4.21 wieder installieren um das zu verifizieren? Falls der vorherige Treiber nicht der 4.21 war ist der Vergleich ungültig, denn in dem hatte sich tatsächlich was geändert, siehe liesmich.

Ok, muss das mal weiter beobachten bzw. untersuchen. Ist evtl. nur ein Problem des MPC-HC (da andere Apps das Problem nicht haben). Sorry für die Aufregung!

Thermaltake wrote:

After installing new TotalMix, I found some kind of text bug or something in my Settings. When I open Settings and leave it few seconds "Sample rate" text change to bold (some weird thing is happening to text little hard to explain) and when I switch tab to Analog or any other tabs and switch back to Fireface (1) tab it's ok again, but only that second, again after 2 seconds it turns bold.

We can not reproduce this effect. As it is not critical it should not be necessary to invest much time to fix this, but thanks for the info, maybe we stumble over the cause later.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
Thermaltake wrote:

We can not reproduce this effect. As it is not critical it should not be necessary to invest much time to fix this, but thanks for the info, maybe we stumble over the cause later.

Are you using 1803 version of Windows 10 ?

Android user here.
Do I really need to buy a Windows tablet or IPad to change basic settings in TotalMix?

www.g-sun.no/en/

Via network remote - yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It has to be something in my setup, but other remote apps work and I don't know what else to look at on my system. I confirmed the IP address on all devices, and tried different Port Numbers, with no success.

I would like to know is there a max connections of remote units? I mean if I want to get an iPad for each player whom is using IEM, let’s say maybe 6 units, can all those 6 players to control their own mix in the same time?

Thanks,
Noah

Yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

126 (edited by robertmc 2018-12-22 11:22:57)

If I were to remote control a UFX II in standalone and a Babyface Pro in iPad Class compliant, can I get remote control over both devices from the same iPad?

Seems like TotalMix Remote is an option for the UFX II but then I need it attached to another computer, correct?

What about both UFX and Babyface attached in class compliant mode?  Could the TotalMix FX app switch between controlling both?

A BF Pro (any RME interface) that is physically connected to an iPad, running in CC mode, can not be remote controlled. A UFX II (any RME interface) that is not conncted to a computer can not be remote controlled.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ok.  While can two RME interfaces be CC to one Ipad and both be controlled locally on that same iPad? 

(by TotoalMix FX, not Remote)

'TotalMix FX for iPad', the app that you need for local control, has no support for multiple interfaces, and we never tried this to work with an iPad at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

On the iPad there’s a loopback button in TotalMix FX.  However I’m not getting anything routed to these outputs back at input.

Is this a CC mode limitation?  I’m on iOS 12 and using NanoStudio 2.

Which RME interface? Latest iPad app?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

UFX ii and the app TotalMix FX downloaded this week.

I checked with Auria and it works as expected. If you still have a problem please open a new thread (this one is about TotalMix Remote).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

134 (edited by Thermaltake 2019-01-15 19:02:24)

Thermaltake wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/G3YMmJc.jpg

Can someone take a look at this it's really annoying when I go to settings every time. I tried to reinstall drivers didn't help. I now installed https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … n_3119.zip and it's not happening there, so clearly it's some bug in this latest new version.

Fireface 400
Driver version is 3.124

Android tablet user here. I am not a fan of apple products. It is a bit frustrating that you have not created the remote for use with the android operating system. I have the OSC Commander program and it works ok. Does anyone actually own a windows os tablet?  Please consider creating an app for use with Android. Thanks.

rcprod wrote:

Android tablet user here. I am not a fan of apple products. It is a bit frustrating that you have not created the remote for use with the android operating system. I have the OSC Commander program and it works ok. Does anyone actually own a windows os tablet?  Please consider creating an app for use with Android. Thanks.

Me to. Also sometimes I have up to 8 instrumentalists in the studio so if they can use there own android phone to control the mix it is very handy. No way am I going to buy 8 windows tablets or ipads

137 (edited by Gregmac 2019-03-23 10:20:39)

A midi contoller, Korg Nano Kontrol, is not locking to a sub-mix in the TotalMixRemote program.  I have a remote computer in another room on which I am running the total mix remote program. I want use it to host a number of Korg Nano Kontrols but the program won't lock to a specified submix.

On top of that opening more than one window from the TotalMixRemote file menu crashes/freezes the windows. I did manage to get 3 NanoKontrols hooked up but the operation was very erratic.
Also there is not option to refresh the midiports so if a Nano Kontrol is removed and re-plugged it won't connect without restarting the program.

cheers Greg

138 (edited by cd.muresan 2020-03-13 16:16:19)

please how to connect this damned thing... can you make a tutorial with photos for stupid people like me...please!

i have ff802
ipad pro
totalmix fx latest...latest driver
totalmix remote latest

unlocked ports in firewall...ended up disabling it totally... disabled also the firewall in my router...totally

what else to disable?

set same ports ...host and client... all day gone only on this...
i'm so sick of it

it keeps saying
"The network remote can not startup services on the selected Port!"

and i feel so stupid alternating hundreds of other ports...checked wich ones are opend and 'listening'...i'm givind it the right numbers...and still no joy...

please help...

Sounds like you are trying to run TotalMix Remote on the host - that is not possible. You need TM FX on the computer and TM Remote on the iPad.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, is it possible to connect remote control if both ipad and macbook are connected to personal hotspot internet run by mobile phone?
thank you

I don't think the hotspot will allow any communication between connected devices like a switch/router does.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME