Topic: Fireface UC - El Capitan issues

Hi all,

I bought a Fireface UC today to work with my Macbook Pro late 2011 running El Capitan. I’ve installed the latest drivers and firmware. Unfortunately, I’m having issues as I’m not getting any sound except for some stuttered noisy hits here and there. I’ve tested both in Ableton and Spotify music.

I’ve also tried to boot the interface holding the knob pressed, which should launch it from an older firmware. When I did this, I was receiving sound but there was an additional high frequency added to each track I was previewing.

On the forum I’ve read comments from some who have the UC running under El Capitan perfectly fine, so presumably there’s something wrong with the latest drivers, but I can’t find any downgrade drivers.

Any tips/solution is more than welcome !

Thanks

Re: Fireface UC - El Capitan issues

You installed driver 2.22? You set the UC to Apple mode (AP)?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for replying. Yes, driver 2.22 is installed and the UC is set to AP.

MC wrote:

You installed driver 2.22? You set the UC to Apple mode (AP)?

Then try all the USB ports that you have.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

That doesn't help unfortunately.
I've also tested the Fireface UC on a friend's Macbook Pro (also early 2011) running High Sierra. On that Mac we installed the 3.14 driver and the exact same issue occurs. On a Windows PC the interface works just fine, so there's nothing wrong technically with the interface itself.

MC wrote:

As both El Capitan and High Sierra seem to have issues, I've now installed Sierra on my machine (10.12.6). I read in another post that by changing the version number in the driver download url we can have access to older drivers. So based on my current settings, what driver and firmware should I try out? Thanks.

Full specs:
MacBook Pro (early 2011)
Sierra 10.12.6
2 GHz Intel Core i7
AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256 MB
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

fabiopellegrini wrote:

That doesn't help unfortunately.
I've also tested the Fireface UC on a friend's Macbook Pro (also early 2011) running High Sierra. On that Mac we installed the 3.14 driver and the exact same issue occurs. On a Windows PC the interface works just fine, so there's nothing wrong technically with the interface itself.

MC wrote: