1 (edited by dmail 2019-01-17 13:26:37)

Topic: MADIFACE XT vs ADI 2Pro AD/DA conversion

Hi all,

I have an ADI 2PRO unit wich is very good.

I'm upgrading my tracking / mixing system to MADI with a digiface USB but it has only one MADI port (and only 32 tracks @192Khz). I'm considering to replace my digiface / ADI 2PRO combo by a Digiface XT to have more inputs.

I would like to know if the Digiface XT use the same quality DAC and ADC as the ADI2 PRO?

Thank you.

Re: MADIFACE XT vs ADI 2Pro AD/DA conversion

dmail wrote:

Hi all,

I'm upgrading my tracking / mixing system to MADI with a digiface USB but it has only one MADI port (and only 32 tracks @192Khz). I'm considering to replace my digiface / ADI 2PRO combo by a Digiface XT to have more inputs.

I would like to know if the Digiface XT use the same quality DAC and ADC as the ADI2 PRO?

Thank you.

Presumably you mean MADIface XT?  In any case, the ADI-2 Pro has the best AD/DA of all RME gear.  Tech specs are available on each product page: http://rme-audio.de/en/products/madiface_xt.php#5

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Re: MADIFACE XT vs ADI 2Pro AD/DA conversion

dmail wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you.

Keep your ADI-2 Pro it has best AD/DA conversion as mjfe87 already mentioned.
BTW ... you can combine your ADI-2 Pro with any other RME interface by using a digital connection.
See also my blog article: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … our-Setup/

Could you be so kind and edit your request to use proper product names ?
It would really help to be able to give you a good recommendation at all.
It would also be useful if you could detail which port types you need or what is missing at the moment.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13