Topic: OS X Audio Fail

Hi, I'm at my whits end in trying to resolve a problem that has only arisen in the last two weeks. I'm running a 2015 MPB 16gig i7 2.8 machine. Mojave and latest everything.
What is frustrating is this machine was always ROCK steady and I had no problems using it.

The problems started where logic X just was unable to play a basic session. (NI and some other plugs). I am running the latest BABYFACE (original) drivers. The CPU bridge would spike and then overload. As I'm playing the session I can see the CPU monitor start filling up and then eventually stop and overload.

I've posted this on Logic forums without any help so am now thinking its a RME problem.

I have done a complete re-install of Mojave without time machine backups. Still the same issue.

I noticed that if I am playing Spotify with the babyface as my system output, it would then stop if not play at all "Says can't play song". If I switch the driver to internal, it plays fine.

Despite the activity monitor being idle at about 85-95%, Logic Spikes, and ALL audio stops. I can't seem to replicate the problem with confidence. I have unplugged hardware, re-attached in different configurations, uninstalled plugs,.....nothing!!

A hardware test passes.

I have uninstalled the Babyface drivers, but the problem still occurs. Could there be a residual driver from the babyface somewhere?
I've re-installed Mojave over itself again (Someone said that's a resolution to resolve a corrupt COREAUDIO Driver).

To reiterate, the machine was rock solid. I cannot think of anything new I added or installed (But who knows).

I usually (although have tried different configs) have a thunderbolt 2 cable connect to a Belkin Hub. From there the HUB has a 10port USB hub (Dongles, Iloks etc), it connects to a LG 4K display and a UAD thunderbolt Satellite Quad.

I've tried plugging it all out but no luck. If I run the machine just off internal sound and connect a drive (All drives are SSD's btw) I can get a session to work but with limitations as I can't plug in any dongles (Thanks APPLE)

My fans are constantly spinning hard and the machine feels as though its working a great deal but I have no idea.

Any help??

Re: OS X Audio Fail

Just a quick update,

I always remember that if I were to unplug and plug the Babyface (or any RME hardware) out of the machine, the TOTAL Mix and Settings control panels would disappear and appear accordingly. Now if I do it, they both still stay on screen. Despite not having the BABYFACE connected, Logic also still has it as an option in its driver list.

Is your 'latest' driver version 3.14?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yep sure is.
I've tried all three drivers off the website too. Same result