Topic: Digiface USB

Hi

I just want to chime in and say that I just got a Digiface USB hocked up in the studio. I got it because the need for me to do some recordings outside of my studio.
I got two Fireface-400 and an ADI-8 DS mk2 and the Digiface is just a killer unit. Weird, but I think it outperforms the Firewire-client. Maybe it's just bulls. but it feels like its a bit faster and not so taxing on my computer.

I could see my self get a second Digiface USB to get more ins and outs + SMUX4.

Just really happy!

Best
Ryan

Composer for film, TV and games.
www.kaiandersryan.no

Re: Digiface USB

Ryan, I am very interested in a Digiface USB, and I too happen to have a Fireface 400 that I am very happy with, so your post is very encouraging.

Would you mind sharing your specs? (desktop, laptop) Just cpu and ram.

How does synchronization work with the two firefaces? Digiface master and the firefaces as slaves? Orrrrr???

Re: Digiface USB

gigeorge wrote:

How does synchronization work with the two firefaces? Digiface master and the firefaces as slaves? Orrrrr???

Sure, thats easiest and possible because FF400 and ADI-8 DS mk2 can receive clock i.e. via ADAT.

The application on your computer sets the sample rate and all RME devices behind Digiface USB receive
automatically the proper clock.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13