Topic: Babyface Pro and maschine 2

I'm experiencing issues loading rme asio drivers in maschine 2. When I try to select the rme Babyface in maschine in freezes the program or slows it down considerably. This is on a amd a4 chipset with a ryzen processor and Asus rog b350f board. All chipset drivers and bios is up to date.

Rme drivers work perfectly on my Intel based Dell g7. I have an open support post on native instruments message board but their support seems lacking at best.

Do rme drivers not work well on AMD based systems? Any help or suggestions? Getting very frustrating. Especially on the customer support side. Both rme and native instruments seem like they don't have a conventional help desk anymore...

Re: Babyface Pro and maschine 2

For testing...Download reaper and open Maschine as a vst in reaper. Reaper has great asio support, NI less so. If this is better then you know what the problem is.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

New update, Babyface works fine in USB 2.0 port. Issue only occurs in 3.0 port. This would indicate a driver problem right? This concerns me as I run microphones with phantom power and really like the added power of 3.0 bus.

The Babyface Pro will work on a USB 2 port even with Phantom power on.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Is there a reason why it's not working on USB 3 though? I thought compatibility with USB 3 was consistent with the Babyface Pro. I'm guessing it's a AMD chipset issue, like I said it works perfectly with my Dell g7 Intel based laptop. I've heard there can be minor issues with the Babyface running on USB 2 bus, is that not true?

Jhnlennon wrote:

I've heard there can be minor issues with the Babyface running on USB 2 bus, is that not true?

I think you should try it 1st and IF there should be an issue you could still use a power supply.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
Jhnlennon wrote:

I've heard there can be minor issues with the Babyface running on USB 2 bus, is that not true?

I think you should try it 1st and IF there should be an issue you could still use a power supply.

I shouldn't need to use a power supply though as rme states it's compatible with USB 3. There is obviously a driver conflict. Would like to get that sorted out rather than work around it. How do I get in contact with rme directly?

This is very direct! Well not me but you can´t get more direct then MC...

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Your USB 3 ports are USB 2 ports (physically separated) when using a USB 2 cable. These ports are conected to a hub or controller (check in Device Manager) that has a problem. Nothing we can do about that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Your USB 3 ports are USB 2 ports (physically separated) when using a USB 2 cable. These ports are conected to a hub ior controller (check in Device Manager) that has a problem. Nothing we can do about that.

All other devices work on my USB 3 ports including my zoom uac2 interface which is USB 3 by design and my USB 2 mouse and keyboard. I doubt it's a USB hub issue. This appears to be a driver conflict either with the Babyface or maschine. I thought rme had worked class support? I was hoping for some troubleshooting help rather than just a work around.

And another update, Babyface works as it should in reaper using USB 3 and 3.1 ports. I downloaded it just to check. Haven't tried to run maschine as a plugin but I'm thinking it's a driver issue with maschine. Not sure how to handle this as my post over on the native instruments help board has gone completely ignored it seems. They don't have a conventional support system for software issues anymore either.

Jhnlennon wrote:

All other devices work on my USB 3 ports including my zoom uac2 interface which is USB 3 by design and my USB 2 mouse and keyboard. I doubt it's a USB hub issue. This appears to be a driver conflict either with the Babyface or maschine.

USB 3 by design (and only 2 channels) - so why shouldn't it work? And where is the relation between uninterrupted high speed audio data transmission and using a mouse or keyboard (USB 1 by the way)?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
Jhnlennon wrote:

All other devices work on my USB 3 ports including my zoom uac2 interface which is USB 3 by design and my USB 2 mouse and keyboard. I doubt it's a USB hub issue. This appears to be a driver conflict either with the Babyface or maschine.

USB 3 by design (and only 2 channels) - so why shouldn't it work? And where is the relation between uninterrupted high speed audio data transmission and using a mouse or keyboard (USB 1 by the way)?

The relation is that all my other devices work on the same ports including thumb drives and everything I plug into it. And now I found that the rme device works fine in reaper using USB 3 port. It's only in maschine that I'm having issues. Why, tell me if I have a hardware issue does everything else work except rme in maschine?? It's got to be a driver issue somewhere. If it is  hardware compatibility how about trying to explain that rather than give me an attitude about it? That doesn't look good on the company. I'm asking for customer support, not a condescending attitude...