Topic: Original Babyface no longer working after update

Hi all,
I have been using an original Babyface for a while now and it has served me well. I just updated the firmware from 185 to 223, and the drivers to the latest, and now I get no audio from the main outs or headphone outs. I use Ableton Live 10, and it shows up fine as the default audio device and the RME control panel is working and suggests I should be getting audio. I may be missing something super simple, but TotalMix doesn't appear to be on my system -it doesn't start up when I click the RME Fireface USB settings icon, nor does it show up as in an explorer search. I am running Windows 10. Am I just at the end with this interface?

Re: Original Babyface no longer working after update

UPDATE:
For whatever reason TotalMix didn't have a shortcut icon anywhere but in the system folder Now that I pinned it to the start menu, I can manually open it and reassign the main outs and phone outs properly. I must have missed something in the driver install that would put a shortcut on the desktop or start menu.

It has already been mentioned several times in the forum that you have to allow access to microphones under Windows 10 applications.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Oops, I accidentally reported a post instead of hitting reply. I swear I know how to use a computer most of the time.

Thank you for your suggestion but it was not that that caused the problem. I had allowed access to microphones. It was due to the fact that the optical out was set as the main output and phones output in TotalMix. For whatever reason TotalMix was not easily accessible and it took me digging around in the system folder to find where the executable was installed. Once I found it I was able to properly configure my outputs and the problem was solved.  So for anyone else who may run into the same problem as me regarding an inability to access TotalMix after an update, the file location (that you could create an accessible shortcut from) is
(if your main drive is set to c) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

ramses wrote:

It has already been mentioned several times in the forum that you have to allow access to microphones under Windows 10 applications.