Topic: Fireface UFX firewire problem

I've bought my RME Fireface UFX 2 years ago and its worked fine until now.
Yesterday, I disconnect the firewire connection for add another sdd drive to my PC.
Now,  I plug it again,  and the firewire connection doesn't work.
The pc doesen´t recognize the UFX when I plug it.
I've tested it on my PC and a notebook, both using the Firewire and USB ports -
Only USB is working - (I have a Core I7 with 16 mb ram and sdd drives, but USB connection only works ok with 512 samples buffer in a project with 12 audio tracks, 24 bits, 44,1.)
With the firewire connection, it worked with no problems at 96 somples in more complex projects.
Can anyone help with this / Is there any special trick anyone should know when using firewire ?

Is there a RME official service in Argentina for a possible repair?

Thanks in advance and forgive my poor English.

Esteban

Re: Fireface UFX firewire problem

Hello Esteban,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please contact Dario Abin at Synthax Inc in the US, he can help with service issues for South America. You can call a local Buenos Aires number to reach him: 5453-9372

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I contacted the RME Argentina dealer (Exosound) and send my unit for repair. They said that the Firewire IC was burn an they have not spare part in stock.
I went to get my unit for use it with the USB connection, waiting for the spare part to repair it.
They promise to me to get an spare part from RME and give me a call to send the unit for repair.
They never contact me again.
I sent several mails to Exosound and I did not answer.
The Fireface UFX is a Superb piece of gear, but if you live in my country (Argentina) best would choose an interface with serious and reliable service in this country.
I will contact RME to see the possibility that send me the spare part and repair the unit in another service.

Hola Esteban pudiste solucionar el puerto firewire? me paso lo mismo con mi UFX, saludos