Topic: Fireface400 problem

Hi,

I want to use my FF on Win10.
Installed the drivers.

But i am experiencing a very weird situation.

The headphones out is not getting stereo signal.
It's some kind of mono.

I think even its left channel same as right channel but channels are out of phase.
When i play a youtube, voices are almost not sounding, while music is hard sounding
When i put on the L phase or R phase button on the software playback channel then voices are louder and understandable.

But it's never stereo sound, altough on the level meters of the headphone out i can see different level between right and left channel. :-(

Tried factory reset , tried other headphone, tried other cable to headphone.

I also tried to attach my UFX to the same computer, that works like it should be working

Is there any knowledge of that problem and what to do about it??
Or is the FF400 faulty and do i have to throw him away??

Thnx for advice

Re: Fireface400 problem

Hello,

did you try a mixer reset (in the options menu)?
Does a signal on one channel also show up only on one channel in Totalmix? If yes, try other headphones...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Hello,

did you try a mixer reset (in the options menu)?
Does a signal on one channel also show up only on one channel in Totalmix? If yes, try other headphones...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I tried other headphone already.
The levelmeters on the channels are also correct, i see difference in levels between left and right also on headphone out

I think there is a prob with my headphone output (female jack) because when i use outputs 1/2 as headphone out and use an Y adapter to combine 1/2 to stereo out and i connect headphone to i get stereo signal

Looks like my headphone out (7/8) has become a mono balanced output. and therefore there is partially cancelation of the sound  (somethint like that)

Or there is some kind of setting on hardware output channel 7/8 that does that, but i can't think of something in the settings

I have the impression the headphone out connection is faulty, it has changed ito a mono balanced in stead of stereo unbalanced.

When i connect my headphones to hardware out 1/2 and use a Y cable to combine them into stereo it works like it should be.

So or there is a setting to change the output phones connector that i can't find, or it is just faulty.

Anyone?