Topic: RME ADI-8DS ADAT connection

How should I connect the RME ADI 8DS to my DIGI 002? So far I connected the ADAT cables IN to OUT and OUT to IN and selected DIGITAL INPUT "ADAT" and D/A "INPUT" and I set the DIGI 002 Clock to "Optical" and everything works fine.

Then if I select D/A to "Internal" I hear clicks and pops but I hear more clarity and depth in the sound. I don`t get any error blinking leds.

Is the something wrong with connection or Internal is only set to use with WORD CLOCK

I`ll appreciate any help

Edward Plenge

Re: RME ADI-8DS ADAT connection

Internal means the ADI-8 DS is using it's own clock. You would have to set the 002 to sync to either ADAT input or Word Clock (from the DS Word Clock out).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I have set the 002 ADAT to "Optical", the RME to Internal and the sample rate to 48Hz as my session. I still have clicks, also I changed the optical cables.

So far I`ve been doing some tests. The clock works fine if I mix inside protools but if I use the D/A converters to mix in my console I get the clicks, it`s not the console cause I connected my headphone to the outputs of the RME and still get the clicks. So I guess I need to get it repaired

torquemada wrote:

So far I`ve been doing some tests. The clock works fine if I mix inside protools but if I use the D/A converters to mix in my console I get the clicks, it`s not the console cause I connected my headphone to the outputs of the RME and still get the clicks. So I guess I need to get it repaired

I guess it is a flaw in how the ADAT card of the 002 operates.
It syncs on ADAT on the incoming ports, but the out ports is not sync'ed.

Check the manual for the 002. In theory you have done it correct. And the ADI8 def. benefits from using its own clock. It is much better than the 002.

P

I have found a lot of threads on gearlsutz and DUC of people complaining about how they can`t get the digi 002 and the RME to work with RME MASTER CLOCK through ADAT, maybe I should upgrade to DIGI 003 as it has a word clock input/output so I can sync it with the RME