Topic: Help Hammerfall DSP Multiface ii with Mac OS 10.12.6 via pcmcia to USB

Hi
I would be very greatful if someone could help me.

Iv picked up a Hammerfall DSP Multiface ii interface with PCMCIA card second hand from reverb.com. Im using a macbook pro 2017  and have a PCMCIA to USB reader which i hope to be able to use the interface via.

after connecting the interface to my computer via the PCMCIA reader on device is showing up in total mix but the interface does have power.

Iv have not installed any drivers or anything which is what i think i maybe missing to get this setup to work? if any body has any knowlage of using this kind of set up they could share it would be a lot of use to me.

thanks,
Aaron

Re: Help Hammerfall DSP Multiface ii with Mac OS 10.12.6 via pcmcia to USB

An adapter that connects to USB on your computer will not work at all. This is CardBus, means PCI. Not PCMCIA as needed to read ancient memory cards.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Ochimento 2019-02-07 23:32:01)

This post I think also answers my question, but:
1. Are there alternatives to use and how to connect an older DSP multiface (I think mine is Multiface 1, bought 2004) to any new computer, PC is my preference?
2. Is buying one of these, from eBay, for example, the Only option (however, to be specific, Laptop is my preference, NOT desktop)? http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/hds … erface.php

Thank you.

If you want to use a laptop then buy an USB interface like i.e. BBFP or UC or UCX,
depending on the number of channels and features that you want to have.

Otherwise a Desktop has a much better performance (CPU, chipset, etc).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

cool, thanks. I have a BBFP with a laptop. But I want to use my RME multiface too...? For example, use my babyface for remote recording, onsite gigs. and have my RME for myslf at home, staying in a room with cables ready and plugged in, just power up and record. Are there no adapters for RME multiface? How is anyone using their OLD multiface on a current system? Likely they will not come to this forum if it's working for them. I was keeping my desktop with the HDSP card in it safe, and actually the safe place turned out to be not safe, as my brother threw the OLD desktop away.