Topic: Problem with baby face pro (sounds off, when shutting down speakers)

Hello. Just got my new baby face pro and got issues after installing drivers.

Have pairs of ADAM A5X and 250 Ohm connected to ports. PC plugged to surge filter and one surge filter from it to plug ADAM pairs.

The problem is when shutting down speakers it stops to play any sound at all (no sounds in headphones and no sounds showing in totalmix, and after turning on again speakers they don't produce any sound).

Also have strange appearance in windows mixer channels, it starts switch to different channels and also constantly shows changes in sound level windows mixer.

Helps only when unplug from USB port and plug it again, and the problem doesn't seems to appear constantly. Sometime sound is ok and sometime stop to play sounds.

Tried to re-install USB driver - didn't work. Tried to plug to different USB ports - same problem appears.

If you have Russian speaker, will be useful, because my English is not at good level.

thank you in advance.

Re: Problem with baby face pro (sounds off, when shutting down speakers)

This translation tools is quite good // Эти инструменты перевода достаточно хороши.
https://www.deepl.com/translator

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

This translation tools is quite good // Эти инструменты перевода достаточно хороши.
https://www.deepl.com/translator

Please let me know if you need translation, i think my start topic is not hard to understand smile

You have a bad electrical net when the surge/spark of powering off speakers interrupts USB communication on the computer. Try to remove the filter, and try to use an external power supply for the Babyface.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The problem is still here. I used external power supply for Babyface and it doesn't work on my PC (still shutting down when speaker power off) . On my notebook it works without problems (notebook plugged from the same surge filter)

Then good luck replacing all components of your computer one after the other (power supply, motherboard, case...) to find the culprit. Or simply don't switch off your speakers...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME