1 (edited by vic.bit 2019-02-18 11:11:42)

Topic: Adat In noise FF400

Hi! I just recently bought a new mac mini and I have the FF400 connected with the  Firewire-Thunderbolt 2 - USB C adapters to the computer. The mac mini is running Mojave.

All the installation was fine and all the analog I|Oi are working fine, also the ADAT OUT also works fine. The problem is with the ADAT IN.  The ADAT led state of the front of the FF400 is blinking and in the input status of the Fireface settings, the ADAT change continuosly between Lock, No Lock and some times Sync. Also the FF400 makes a very loud digital noise.

If I connect the FF400 to my old Macbook Pro (2010) with High Sierra the FF400 works perfectly.

Maybe there is a problem with the driver in Mojave or with the adapters?

BTW i have an Expert Sleepers ES3 ES6 combo connected to the FF400.

Someone are facing this problem?

Thanks and sorry for my english:)

Re: Adat In noise FF400

You need to use an external power supply and set the switch on the back correctly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by vic.bit 2019-02-18 11:08:55)

Hi! Thanks for your answer. I’m using the power supply with the switch in the back to Ext . In fact, if  i don’t use the power supply or if i put the switch to BUS the FF400 doesn’t turn on..

There is no logical explanation for the problem with just ADAT In, while everything else works. As the external power supplies sometimes start to fail you might try a different one. I expect you use bus power on the other Mac...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

In the other mac it works with the bus power and with the external.. It´s weird because i just connected the FF400 to the older mac and then store the fireface settings. Then, without disconnecting the fireface from the power supply, I connected again to the new mac and it works. Strange but now it´s working....
Thanks for being there.