1 (edited by abtr 2019-02-18 22:36:57)

Topic: What does a main-board replacement for ADI-2 DAC cost?

I recently blew the USB of my ADI-2 DAC by my own fault. So what would it cost to have the main-board replaced by RME? And what does a new main-board cost? Could I replace it myself without an oscilloscope or other specialized equipment? It looks like a relatively simple plug and play job. Thanks!

Re: What does a main-board replacement for ADI-2 DAC cost?

It is warranty, so just send it in.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

It is warranty, so just send it in.

OK, many thanks. Excellent service! I'll contact RME Support then.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that the cause of the failure in my system has been eliminated, so the next ADI should survive. smile Nevertheless, I will power down the unit when I connect/disconnect the USB input, and I'll use an Intona.

Update:
Funny, I offered RME to pay for shipping and the cost of replacing the main-board myself but Daniel Fuchs says that this will have to go through the retailer (BAX) and Amptec. I prefer RME repairs the unit but apparently that's not possible. So be it..

This topic caught my attention since abtr got repair for free although he is claiming his own mistake. My unit died without me doing anything wrong and I had to pay for the repair even if my unit is still under the warranty period.
Please contact me on my e-mail for details. Thank you.