Topic: FireFace UC not connecting anymore after driver update

Hi

I've been using the FF UC for around 5 years now, today I updated the drivers after a longer time again, last updated them in 2017 I think. Now it won't connect anymore, totalmix shows some volume indication from the mic within the first seconds, then the window says (disconnected) and that's it.
I've been using Win10 for about a year now, I never had any problems with the interface.

Since I should be working with the device right now and over the next weeks I was just gonna get the old working drivers back, but the only option RME gives me on that is a version from 2009, which is surely not gonna do anything, instead of listing a proper drivers archive... The ones I got on the disk from when I bought it aren't setup for win10.

Is there any way to get any drivers version from 2017/2016?
I really need to get back to work asap.

Thanks for the help

2 (edited by ramses 2019-02-19 18:00:52)

Re: FireFace UC not connecting anymore after driver update

The latest drivers might require also the latest firmware... so pls update firmware as well.

Which driver / firmware combination do you have in use now ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The previous driver might be available via Device Manager, Device properties - Driver. Simple rollback.

Also the driver does not change the way a USB device is recognized and used, so it looks like you have a different problem (power supply, USB cable...).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by srswntr 2019-02-20 14:44:50)

I of course updated both drivers and firmware at the same time. Meanwhile I did a complete overhaul on windows, installed everything freshly, still no change, same thing happens. Device manager rollback's now impossible anyway though. Is there r e a l l y no archive for older drivers anywhere?

versions are 1.166 drivers, and 126 firmware, both from the official download page for the UC model.
Power supply, cables etc are completely fine, the case is a very obvious one: It worked for years on a daily basis, I installed the updates, it doesn't work anymore. That's got nothing to do with cables, I'm sure.

This driver wasn't released yesterday, if there were a simple driver issue that would require a downgrade, you would have likely not been the first to notice.
Have you tried all available USB ports, another USB cable, and another power supply?
Can you test the UC with another computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, tried all these things, although just now when I turned it on, lights are starting to jump around randomly, or won't show up at all. I will send it in for repair now, since there's now clearly something wrong.

Sounds like a power supply!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632