1 (edited by KJJackson 2008-06-04 13:12:37)

Topic: HDSPe MADI, MacPro, Boot Camp

Hello All,

I am planning a new system and wanted to see if anyone has had success with a similar system. The equipment will be as follows:

1. Yamaha O2R96 with MY16MD card (and MY16EX expansion for 32 tracks) connected to RME MADI Bridge
2. RME MADI Bridge connected to RME ADI-648 and to RME HDSPe MADI
3. RME ADI-648 connected to Alesis HD24 and to Metric Halo 2882+DSP
4. 2008 MacPro with RME HDSPe MADI card, running XP in Boot Camp with Sequoia as the DAW

My hope is to have the capability of recording a minimum of 24 tracks to both Sequoia and to the Alesis HD24, which will be my backup machine.

Any big incompatibilities, here, especially in the interaction of the HDSPe MADI card, Boot Camp, and Sequoia?

Thanks in advance,

Karl Jackson

Re: HDSPe MADI, MacPro, Boot Camp

Given the overwhelming response :-), I will assume that there are no known serious complications with running the HDSPe MADI card under Boot Camp.

Thanks,

kj

I think I?ve seen some positive comments to this combination in the Sequoia/Samplitude forum. 24 tracks with 192 kHz should be no problem. Keep in mind, XP (32 bit) can see only 2 GB of RAM on a Mac Pro.

best regards
Knut

Thanks! I've been watching the Samplitude and Sequoia sites, and am feeling pretty good about this combination. I'll keep in touch once I have everything up and running.

BTW, I can't speak from personal experience, but I think that 3Gb is the max RAM addressable by XP/32 in BootCamp. Requires the /3GB switch in the boot.ini.

Best,

kj

The technical limitation in the MP EFI allows unfortunately only 2 GB, so the 3 GB switch is useless. You can google to this subject and will find many sources to this problem. With XP 64 or Vista 64 it will see all the RAM.

best regards
Knut