1 (edited by torbenscharling 2019-02-24 01:05:33)

Topic: Org. Babyface can't record iOS video no audio, no TotalMix, why RME?

Ok folks, so now that it's confirmed RME doesn't care about the iPhone community in terms of TotalMix support, I need someone to guide me on how to do this blindfolded:

I got a 6S, I got the CCK, I got the Babyface.

I have finally successfully managed to get both input one and two working within garageband (had to reset in ios settings for it to work, and make sure to do the instrument channel change on the babyface itself cause there are no settings on iPhone, cause RME thought only iPad users should have that).

Anywho, so far so good...

Now I want to record good audio into the stock camera app with the ADAT/S/pdif input, when recording video. So far no luck. Either no sound, usually not able to even hit record: not what I want. I cen reveil that I'm using a analog to digital audio converter, that I have prepared on my PC (since RME doesn't wanna develop an iPhone capable TotalMix, I have to switch back and forth every damn time I wanna test a new setting kind of idiot trial and error work)

So I'm reaching out for some awesome help from the RME gurus in here: how on earth do you guys go about stearing in the blind like this, when you wanna add new peripherals like s/pdif/adat converters and now you want those two channels to be the "main" channels that the iPhone receives and thus records.....?

Also, I wanna be able to monitor this signal obviously at the same time...oh look, another thing I have to check on my pc or mac and then plug it back into the iphone, oh wait, have to physically pull out the damn usb plug for the 100th time, cause I need to enter CCK mode, only to find out it doesn't work - back to square one start all over, set things up on the computer in TotalMix, only to find those settings don't cross over to the CCK mode and the evil cycle continues..

Re: Org. Babyface can't record iOS video no audio, no TotalMix, why RME?

There is no dedicated support for iPhone and we never said that there will be such. You are wasting your time with an unsupported setup. This includes Apple, btw. Maybe you want to complain at them that their camera app has no selection for choosing the desired channel of an external multichannel audio interface?

Porting TM FX for iPad to the iPhone needs a different gui, completely new graphics and adds to our testing and support. There is no 'iPhone community' that would pay for all this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by torbenscharling 2019-02-24 18:14:56)

No and I never claimed you did, I just got confirmation that it is of no interest to you guys, but assumed there'd still be a workaround, like I explained, hooking it up to the PC/MAC first to setup the matrix, but I guess that is not your area of expertise.

You'd think the "iphone community" (almost 2.5 billion people), would pay for it by buying your interfaces, isn't that how it's supposed to work?

I don't even think TotalMix is super important to have on all platforms, BUT the settings are obviously there on the iPad, so those should be able to be present on the iPhones as well, so you can choose how you want it set up, on the actual device. It might not be that the stock camera app is the best option, I have MoviePro too for instance, which also has no such options in settings, leaving me to think that is because it's YOUR job as the external audio interface provider, to provide it for the customers, not Apple or their apps. It just seems like a no-brainer to be able to shoose the input matrix on the device without having to buy an iPad. It's kind of like on MAC's you go into audio/midi settings and choose the default audio interface and such, that obviously doesn't exist on the iPhones and iPads, so that's why it's provided on the iPad app RME designed what, 7 years ago?! Well now adays you have iphones almost as big as the iPad Mini, that are more powerfull than a MacBook ! and look how many music apps and iphone owners there are......

Enuff' said.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME