1 (edited by Jperkins 2019-02-23 05:38:33)

Topic: Thank You RME!

I just wanted to say how happy I am with my RME AES HDSPe card. It's been rock solid for a couple years now after having some minor annoyances with my Lynx AES16e card before that. My RME AES is in a Sonnet Echo Express III-D TB chassis along with a UAD-2 card and I can safely disconnect the fans for silent operation.

I've recently been ramping up my studio B setup and after trying a few things, I ended up just getting a 2nd RME AES HDSPe card  and putting it in a single slot Sonnet TB3 chassis again with the fan disconnected. I don't need both cards for my home setup at this time so this little chassis is great.

I'm just amazed at how stable the RME card is and how simple and reliable the TotalMix and HDSPe apps are.

If it were not for RME, my studio would not be as stable so thank you for the great work and I hope you keep it up for many years to come.

Re: Thank You RME!

We'll try our best!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Jperkins 2019-02-24 22:30:29)

MC wrote:

We'll try our best!

smile

For my smaller home setup I didn't need all the I/O of the AES HDSPe card so I tried getting by with a MOTU 8D but the stability of the drivers (at least on Mac) was terrible. I thought that being an all digital signal, MOTU might be OK but definitely not.

Then I tired two MUTEC units as an aggregate device and while the MUTECs are great, MacOS kept losing them after restart and I'd have to remake the aggregate device.

All this was getting annoying and causing some anxiety and wasted time.

Finally, I gave in and got another RME AES HDSPe but only need the first card for this smaller set up and things are as stable as I expected.

Thanks for this amazing product.

That being said, you may want to consider a TB3 unit that has 2 stereo AES ins/outs because there doesn't seem to be anything good in-between having a stereo AES I/O or something big like the AES HDSPe.

There aren't a lot of options for USB or TB3 to AES only without a lot of extra baggage.

That's right. Unfortunately the demand for such a unit seems to be so small that it's not worth developing and producing it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

That's right. Unfortunately the demand for such a unit seems to be so small that it's not worth developing and producing it.

Yeah, it's hard to tell if the demand is actually low, or if because the options or so few, people don't think about it.

Anyway, I hope you don't plan to drop support for the HDSPe AES any time soon.

It's the best.