Topic: ADI 2 DAC remote control response issues

Hello there,
I have the ADI 2 DAC v22 firmware. Everything works fine, but sometimes the remote control becomes unresponsive. For example I can mute/unmute but can not change volume. If I wait a little the remote becomes responsive again.  Should I upgrade the firmware or does anyone else has problems with the remote?

Re: ADI 2 DAC remote control response issues

Make sure you don't use the remote from an angle left of the unit, so that the two encoder knobs cover the IR receiver.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Make sure you don't use the remote from an angle left of the unit, so that the two encoder knobs cover the IR receiver.

Thank you for the quick response.

I point the remote directly at the device (no angles) and as I have already said the mute/unmute button works but the +/- buttons are not responsive.

In that case either the battery needs to be replaced, or the remote is defective.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi there,
I do use my ADI 2 DAC since nearly two month. I love it. A great piece of high-end gear. I would like to thank RME crew for this gem -so reasonably praised in compare to all this "voodoo & snake oil offers out there.
The only one problem I have to fight with is poor responsivity of remote . I have changed the battery ,distance,angel. It acts strange. I can aim at sensor between the nobs from 5 cm and get no response . When it suddenly starts to work it is no problem to operate even with 20-20 degree off the axe . It makes impression like DAC is involved somewhere else and then all at once recognizes remote .
Mir fliessen die Tranen :-)     (Umlaut nicht gefunden)

J.Lewicki    Warschau

6 (edited by Curt962 2019-02-24 02:22:21)

All,

Per MC, It IS possible that your Remote could have a Weak Battery.  A replacement is easily sourced.  CR2025

Also, Smudging of the IR Sensor on the DAC could negatively impact function of the Remote.   So, a gentle buffing with a Soft Cloth could make everything well again.   It's worth a Try!

I use my Remote almost exclusively just so as to prevent my nasty fingers from Soiling the Appearance of my new DAC. smile

Best Wishes!

PS: I speak from experience. (ie: Unresponsive Remotes)

My GrandDaughter dunked her Papa's Remotes in ApfelSoß.     Kein Funktion!

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Shockdoc, I doubt the battery is empty. This looks more like a defective remote. And as you have warranty contact your seller or distributor to exchange it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hallo everybody,

Problem solved. False alarm. I could't belive remote is defectiv. I've removed battery (which was a new one ) to replice it and somehow came on idea to simply clean its surface with a piece of cloth.
Everything works fine.
Shame on me but I swear I did not change the original battery during barbecue.
This DAC is stunning machine. I love it.

J. L.

That's Great News!

But no BBQ to eat?  that IS a problem!    smile

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes