Topic: ADI-2 DAC causing BSOD on Windows 7

Hi all,

I recently got an ADI-2 and like it a great deal. However, it's causing a series of BSOD crashes on my Windows 7 laptop. I know it's related to the DAC because I've unplugged everything else.

It is usually an error involving Multiple IRP Complete Requests.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? I have run a series of tests on my laptop and even reinstalled the OS but it's still there. I also tried different cables, still there.

Any help would be welcome.
Many thanks.

Re: ADI-2 DAC causing BSOD on Windows 7

That sounds more like a misbehaving USB controller, hub or port. Details of these? Did you read the manual's section about USB?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Nostoi 2019-03-04 11:38:01)

MC wrote:

That sounds more like a misbehaving USB controller, hub or port. Details of these? Did you read the manual's section about USB?

Thanks for your reply. I have read the manual, especially 31.12 on USB Audio. I've tried on different ports on my laptop, I also disconnected a docking bay the laptop was attached to, and transferred my external HDD to an Esata connection (this is on a Thinkpad), all with the view of avoiding any I/O conflicts. So, they only USB devices I have are the DAC and an external keyboard.

I just checked bandwidth consumption, and it's 29%. USB diagnosis presently 0 on Madiface interface.

Edit: the precise error that I get is either: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (BugCheckCode 209) or BugCheckCode 68.

Two questions - do you recommend using an external USB hub (powered)? And is WDM in any sense more stable than ASIO?

Many thanks.

In general ASIO is more stable. But it could be that the asio implementation of the software you are using (you don't mention which) is not 100% correct.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

vinark wrote:

In general ASIO is more stable. But it could be that the asio implementation of the software you are using (you don't mention which) is not 100% correct.

Thank you. Yes, I forgot to say - I use Roon on ASIO mode.