Topic: UFX II not working after latest firmware update

I've contacted support, but they've stopped responding. The firmware update UFX II 19/11/7 was applied and afterward the device is no longer recognized by Windows. After contacting support I was asked to use a newer driver that they released. It didn't resolve the issue. The device is working, the meters are getting input, but there's a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager. I was asked to try it on another PC and a different cable. I did and got the same result. I'm very disappointed in RME support. This is an expensive interface, yet I had better support in the past for $200 interfaces. I advised support that I had to purchase another interface to be able to continue to work. I cannot even sell the RME because I cannot be certain it will work. Has anyone had this issue and resolved it? Thanks.

Re: UFX II not working after latest firmware update

Please check to see if the unit is switched to CC mode (Class Compliant firmware)

The Class Compliant mode can be activated and deactivated directly at the unit, as long as it is not connected to a Mac or PC: SETUP/REV, Options, Hardware/Diagnosis, Interface Mode, CC.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Sorry, must have overlooked that one. If Jeff's hint does not solve this, the unit may require service.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

CC mode is set to ON. Should it be ON or OFF? Thank you.

CC mode: for Windows OFF, for Mac ON.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

CC mode: for Windows OFF, for Mac ON.

Actually, it's OFF for use with Mac or Windows, ON for use with iOS & Android devices. You CAN use the unit on a Mac with CC mode, but then you get no driver & no TotalMix GUI on the Mac computer.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I know ;-) But for Windows I think it doesn't make really sense to operate the unit without RME driver.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

That did it, thanks for the help!

I should probably clarify for anyone who runs into the same issue. Setting CC to OFF fixed it.