1 (edited by el-folie 2019-03-13 16:32:10)

Topic: HDSP pci card rev 1.8 not detected by Win10 at all

Dear RME support team,

I just bought a second multiface and pci (not pcie) card rev. 1.8, both used and supposedly in working condition.

The card doesn´t get detected at all in the device manager. Also, the update tool doesn´t see the card. Already tried a different pci slot, as also using an external psu, both to no avail.

So, is this card dead? Or can it be modified to work? Maybe as in the added capacitor trick to induce a voltage delay for the FPGA until pc psu has settled in its voltages?

Oh btw, first and second multiface + rev 1.9 card each are working without a single issue. It´s just the 'new' pci card giving me headaches.

Before I send/get back to the seller please tell me what you think. In case this needs repair, pls give an estimate on the costs.

Thanks in advance

Edit:

Card data: Serial no. 224350XX  Date code 11/05

If it maybe just needs new capacitors (dried out?) I can do that, but of course I´d need to know if that´s a possible cause.

Re: HDSP pci card rev 1.8 not detected by Win10 at all

I had this suddenly with a working HDSP9632. Suddenly disappeared from device manager. Cleaning the PCI contacts thoroughly with an eraser gum cured it. A simple wipe with a cloth did not!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

3 (edited by el-folie 2019-03-13 16:25:31)

vinark wrote:

I had this suddenly with a working HDSP9632. Suddenly disappeared from device manager. Cleaning the PCI contacts thoroughly with an eraser gum cured it. A simple wipe with a cloth did not!

Will try and report back...

Edit:
Eraser gum plus cleaning the contact pins with alcohol made them more shiny but still no detection in the device manager. But still, thanks for the hint^^

Did you install the driver at all? The fut will not work without a driver...
Can you test the card in another slot or computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by el-folie 2019-03-13 17:54:57)

RME Support wrote:

Did you install the driver at all? The fut will not work without a driver...
Can you test the card in another slot or computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes of course, my own rev 1.9 pci card was already installed on my Win10 machine. I then wanted to add the second pci card rev 1.8. I´ve got two pci slots on my board and changed the cards around, always only my rev 1.9 would work, not the rev 1.8.

Any other clues?

An idea:
Could this be a pci card firmware related issue? Does Win10 need to see a certain firmware on the pci card to be able to detect it? In that case I could build my pc back to its old WinXP motherboard (takes some time though) and see if old trusty XP detects the card. Then use the update tool to update the rev 1.8 to latest spec and recheck in Win10. But... does this make any sense at all?

Update:
I´m writing from my old XP machine right now wink Okay, so the rev 1.8 pci card is not detected at all on my old machine, too, if that´s any indication for the support team. I think I´ve tried all I could by now.

Is there an unknown device in device manager?

Vincent, Amsterdam

vinark wrote:

Is there an unknown device in device manager?

No, unfortunately not, absolutely no indication that a pci card was present at all.

Ah to bad, I am out of ideas. Hope it works out!

Vincent, Amsterdam

vinark wrote:

Ah to bad, I am out of ideas. Hope it works out!

Thanks, yeah, I´m hoping for the rme support team tomrrow at business hours again.

Did you try to specifically use a CPU bound PCIe slot, that is one of the "graphic-card slots" (upper 16x ones)? That the card is also not detected in the old machine sounds like the card is dead, though.

Timur Born wrote:

Did you try to specifically use a CPU bound PCIe slot, that is one of the "graphic-card slots" (upper 16x ones)? That the card is also not detected in the old machine sounds like the card is dead, though.

I've really just used pci slots, not any pcie slots as it's just an old pci card.

Still hope to hear back from rme support.

Just to be sure it´s not power related I just installed a brand new and powerful psu, but still, the rev 1.8 pci card doesn´t get detected at all.

I would assume the card is in need of service.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

I would assume the card is in need of service.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, unfortunately looks like it.

Could you maybe estimate the costs of a repair? Like a min/max sum? I´d forward that info to the seller in case he´d be willing to bear the costs.