Topic: Issues with Fireface UFX

Windows 10, Cubase 10 Pro...I started hearing a lot of crackles and pops, so I updated the Fireface driver and firmware, but the problem remains.

After the update, the TotalMix icon in my system tray changed from its usual green to gray with a red line in the upper right.

Also, in my computer's Device Manager, the Fireface is shown as working properly, but then there's this if I right click on the Fireface (in Device Manager) and choose Properties/Events and then look in the Information field:

"Device USB\VID_0424&PID_3FC8\F23C4B6E1B8D5C8 requires further installation."

And on that same page, under Events it says "Device migrated." I have no idea what this means.

And I recently updated W10, so that may be a factor also. Maybe it's Windows, maybe Cubase, maybe ???

Re: Issues with Fireface UFX

Which driver exactly did you install and how is the unit connected? If USB, have you tried other ports? Can you test the unit with another computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Issues with Fireface UFX

I installed this driver:

driver_usb_win_1167

The Fireface is connected to the computer via USB, which has never been a problem. I have not yet tried a different USB port or computer.

FWIW I can play my external synth, the audio outs of which are plugged into the Fireface, and hear the sounds from my speakers, and see the meters move on the Fireface. And no crackles...only in Cubase.

Thanks for such a prompt reply.