Topic: Fireface 800 Os X Mojave 10.14.4

Macbook Pro 15" 2017
macOS Mojave 10.4.4
Fireface 800

My Fireface 800 stopped working recently, a few days after updating to Mojave 10.14.3.
The interface is not recognised, the HOST led is red, Totalmix launches without the window, Fireface Settings doesn't launch at all.

After reading most of the posts here, I have tried many times to reinstall the latest driver
Mac OS X Intel Driver for Fireface 400, 800, 802, UCX, UFX , Version 3.36 . Compatible with Mac OS 10.6 and higher, 32/64 bit.

After successful install, I'm prompted to restart the computer. After the restart is complete, I don't get any messages that RME extension/software is not allowed. I then open System Preferences, check Security & Privacy, no "Allow" button there.

I have then attempted to remove all the installed Fireface files, following this link
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=9233

, then tried to reinstall the driver. Still no luck, the Allow button still doesn't appear.

Since then, I have updated to Mojave 10.4.4 & attempted a couple of reinstalls to no avail.

Practically, I have no way to know if the Fireface 800 is not recognised because of the new Security settings but since I can get this Allow button to appear, I'm still hoping this is the issue & trying to find a way to properly install the driver.

Re: Fireface 800 Os X Mojave 10.14.4

The OS update does not stop the FF800 working. All 'known' devices are excluded from the newer Security stuff. That means you need to test your unit at a different computer. It most probably simply went defective. Best guess is power supply. Next guess - in case you unplugged/plugged the FireWire cable - broken FireWire port.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Fireface 800 Os X Mojave 10.14.4

I'm currently based in Hanoi, Vietnam. What would be the closest location for repair/service?