Topic: Babyface Pro, Fireface UCX - Multi-Client - unique sampling rates

Hello,

First post to this forum so go easy on me.

I have two software applications that are individually locked at 44.1kHz and 48kHz respectively.

I have a Babyface Pro and Fireface UCX (both RME USB series).

I would like to run these devices independently, one at 44.1kHz and one at 48kHz, and then use an analog out from one device to mix back into the other device.

I have since realized that both these devices use the same USB drivers, and thus are seen as a single device in any application.

Is there a way to keep these devices separate so that I can use two unique sampling rates?

I attempted to use the ASIO driver for one application, and WDM for the other, but whichever application is started up more recently takes control over both devices and sets the sampling rate accordingly.

I appreciate any info the community can provide.

Re: Babyface Pro, Fireface UCX - Multi-Client - unique sampling rates

The only way you could do this is by connecting the UCX to Firewire, which uses a different driver.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for the quick response.

I have no previous experience using Firewire, and none of my computers have a Firewire port.

Is Firewire with a USB adapter a thing? Otherwise, I will likely just use a cheaper USB sound card with one of the RME devices.

No firewire with USB.
If any of your computers is a desktop or tower PC it is relatively easy to add firewire.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632