Topic: Unable to keep buffer settings in DAW

Hi,
I'm not sure but it seems this started with Cubase 10. I have a FF800, no WDM Devices. I have set Fireface Settings to start up at 512k buffer latency and Analog+SPDIF+ADAT1 Bandwith. When opening cubase for the first time after a reboot, it reverts to 256 samples and Analog+SPDIF only.
Also, if rebooting, when the system starts up it'll also set at 256 and Analog+SPDIF only.
I have already "Stored Flash" to what I want, which is verified by the fact that hitting Read Flash will correctly set to 512 and ADAT1 bandwith, as well as tried unlocking/locking registry several times. How do I make sure it retains the last setting correctly upon reboot and/or DAW opening?
Thanks as always

Re: Unable to keep buffer settings in DAW

The driver can not store its settings into the registry. Or does but can't read them. That might be a rights problem with your Windows installation, a wild running virus scanner, a general rights problem (admin, elevated etc)...complicated to diagnose. You should contact support and have all missing details ready (like OS version, driver version etc).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The driver can not store its settings into the registry. Or does but can't read them. That might be a rights problem with your Windows installation, a wild running virus scanner, a general rights problem (admin, elevated etc)...complicated to diagnose. You should contact support and have all missing details ready (like OS version, driver version etc).

Thank you, will do!

Just a follow up to let you know that the app is allowed to write to the registry. I verified by enabling and disabling Registry Lock, and I can see the password being written in the registry and erased again. However the hive is missing keys for any settings but mmcss, Password and window X,Y position. If I uninstall, delete the key and reinstall, same keys are recreated, but none else.

Could you indicate how the hive should look like instead? With some programs, manually creating the missing keys solves the issue at times.

Wrong hive. The normal settings are stored under (example, different after A35&1 on your computer):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\1394\A35&1\000A3501ADE7C2ED\Device Parameters

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Great, I'll look into it again then. Thanks.