Topic: Rme UCX and Traktor

Hi,
I am new rme product owner and I am having some trouble with setting up traktor and rme ucx.
So any help would be more than welcome since I dont know what to do anymore, I tried but I cant seem to get it work.

I connected 4 line inputs of my djm 750mk2 to 4 analog outputs of rme ucx using Y insert cables
and speakers are connected to djm.
I dont know how to assign each mixer channel to analog out 1, 2, 3 and 4 on rme ucx.
I set every channel mono in totalmix and when I play track on my pc both analog 1 and 2 are playing and 2 channels of my mixer are used.
When I try to play something in traktor I cant get any sound at all.

I dont know if problem are the cables or totalmix/traktor routing so if anyone has the similar setup I would be thankful if you could help me.

2 (edited by ramses 2019-06-02 15:38:02)

Re: Rme UCX and Traktor

A diagram would be helpful that shows your setup and how you intend to connect all the devices.

Basically to get something out of your RME recording interface.
You need to route the stereo sound of traktor software to your Main Outs of the UCX.
1. TM FX: assign analog output channels to Main Out
2. TM FX: be in submix mode
3. TM FX: click to main out fader so that you see the submix of this particular output
4. TM FX: now raise the faders of HW inputs (top row, audio from inputs) and SW playback channels (middle row, audio from applications) to create the submix for Main Out which goes either to speakers or to the external Mixer if the speakers are connected there.

Then its a matter of taste / workflow which is better, either to connect your speakers to the UCX or to the external mixer.
I personally would use TM FX as much as possible and connect as much as possible to the UC, because then you can store
the routings digitally as TM FX snapshorts / workspaces.

Work though my TM FX primer and watch RME videos to get an idea about the capabilities of TM FX and then re-think your cabling / workflow.

Here my TotalMix FX primer, which will support your 1st steps in TM FX:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … rnal-equi/

Here some RME video tutorials:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … al-Videos/

Also the RME UCX handbooks contains helpful informations about your recording interface and TM FX.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13