Topic: Install Firefaces and other video tutorials

Video Tutorials

Re: Install Firefaces and other video tutorials

Thanks for the Vid it helped!

How about a video for PC?

YouTube link now points to “leeSA (??) - Moves like Jagger (Cover) / Feat. Hcube & Sgt Park” not exactly a Video Tutorial

Changed thread title and updated link.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Some great and very important vids there!!
Thanks for the posting, it would be good to make this one a " sticky"

Cheers, JRM

Any chance of getting the new TotalMix in some tutorials for the UFX?

Peace,
Conley Shepherd
Joyful Noise Productions 
Without a mess, there is no message

I second what Guitar Merch says above !!!! update the videos please smile

Where can I  find video tutorials for UFX II?

10 (edited by ramses 2017-11-07 08:37:14)

TotalMix FX is the same across all interfaces that have TM.

Here in my blog I put together the URLs of the latest RME videos about TM:
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … al-Videos/

And here from me a primer, 1st steps in TM:
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … rnal-equi/

BTW .. these 2 URLs I sent you already in the other thread you opened.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hello guys,

I am a newbie to RME and have been trying to set up my new Babyface Pro for almost a week now.
Despite reading the setup tutorial and watching several you tube tutorials, I am afraid I am still not geeting something right...

I have installed the latest ASIO driver with Total Mix FX on my Win10 PC and have successfully routed INST 3 and 4 to my MAIN and PHONES, so signals are definitely there ;-)

With no Monitors connected, I assumed that the PC speakers would still playback what I am getting as OUT ?
( I am using AN 1 +2 as MAIN as well as AUDIO INPUT DEVICE in Windows with built in NVIDIA HiDef Speaker as OUTPUT DEVICE).
I am not getting ANY signal played back on my PC.. this can't be right.
Any suggestion, what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks very much for a hint.

12 (edited by ramses 2019-06-02 21:19:30)

Speakers connected to
- BBF Pro and
- PC sound card
have nothing in common, it's a completely different sound infrastructure with no routing possibilities between them,
besides you would use patch cables to connect the PCs sound device to analog inputs of the BBF Pro.

A DAW uses the RME ASIO driver to access the BBF Pro in an efficient way leaving out the Windows Sound system, which is known to have not so good quality and to add latencies.

Windows 10 and most PC applications (Internet Browser, etc) do not support ASIO. Either you use the internal sound card for such applications and separate speakers or phones
or you can create WDM devices in the RME driver settings dialog for i.e. Analog 1+2 OUT and define AN 1+2 OUT as speaker device, which you can configure as Windows Default Sound device in the Windows audio settings.

See also my blog article about TM FX setup and use, which contains a nice drawing about signal flows (see below): https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … rnal-equi/

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.php/Attachment/1988-TotalMix-Diagram-Overview-Signal-Flow-jpg/

There you find also other interesting blog articels about RME devices and miscelaneous topics around recording and PC haedware / tuning.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hello,
may somebody please tell me about FireWire connectivity with PCIe cards (PC)?
Do I need to connect 4pin molex power socket on my PCIe firewire card to the motherboard? My interface is UCX.
Thanks.

I'm getting a new PC and setting up my music studio again from scratch. 
1. How do I reset the Fireface UFX to original state (like new from factory).
2. Please point me to the latest drivers (windows 10 pro) and software TotalMixFx
thanks