Topic: USB-C with last firmware is great, except not in CC, Fireface UCX.

Hello,

i was happy when i discovered that RME released a firmware update to support USB-C unplug//plug issue.

Sadly it's not working in Class Compliant mode sad  Could you do it in a future update ??

I am so happy i have managed to leave OSX for ubuntu with a nice dell xps 13 and enjoying doing music with https://www.bitwig.com (yeah linux !!) and my Fireface UCX

(i have also a mac book 2018 usb-c, with latest fireface firmware, usb-c working perfect but not in CC)

Re: USB-C with last firmware is great, except not in CC, Fireface UCX.

I do not find any comment to better USB-C unplug/plug optimizations in the latest readme of the UCX driver (I looked in the german version of this Readme file).

Which firmware version do you mean exactly ? Can you copy/paste this information from the readme text as reference ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Also the latest UCX firmware works fully normal in Class Compliant mode...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ramses wrote:

I do not find any comment to better USB-C unplug/plug optimizations in the latest readme of the UCX driver (I looked in the german version of this Readme file).

Which firmware version do you mean exactly ? Can you copy/paste this information from the readme text as reference ?

The info is only said in the osx upgrade (and not in the windows upgrade): download/fut_usb_mac.zip

News V 1.42: Workaround for USB2 recognition with MacBook 2016 and newer
- The USB firmware of Fireface UC, UCX, UFX, UFX II, 802 and Babyface now includes a special USB reset to enable recognition of USB 2 when plugging in the USB-C adapter. Other RME interfaces are not affected by this compatibility problem.

Also the latest UCX firmware works fully normal in Class Compliant mode...

https://consomac.fr/images/news/macbookair-2018-reviews-header.jpg

When i put it in CC with this mac (with latest drivers) , if i unplug//replug, i also need to reboot the ucx.

In case you talk about unplugging the USB 2 cable from the adapter: In our opinion that is a problem on Apple's side, and there exist threads about this effect already.

> Sadly it's not working in Class Compliant mode

That's a totally different statement than

> if i unplug//replug, i also need to reboot the ucx

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by triiif 2019-06-07 14:01:37)

Sorry if i get you confused MC,

my primary concern was to tell you that my dell xps 13 2019 with fireface ucx in CC , if i unplug//replug, i also need to reboot the ucx (and so also i have to shut down my monitorings otherwise big fat sound of disconnection)