Topic: Flashing Lights

Hi all,

I use a Fireface 800 and I seem to have the flashing lights issue that has been reported on this forum a few times already. My reason for posting this is that it seems to be slightly different so I'm wondering if there is someone out there who had a similar experience to mine.

I've seen the posts referring to the cause of such an issue being the power supply, the Firewire connection, ageing capacitors... but all the symptoms on my interface were slightly different...

So...
In the morning, when I turn on the interface, without plugging in to a computer, it shows the flashing lights straight away and nothing (like plugging a computer into it or re-booting...) will fix it.
After a while (time which seems to be increasing) the interface stabilises and is "ready" to be plugged to a computer and then starts working as per normal.
At the moment, it takes the interface a couple of hours to stabilise.
The issue only started appearing about a month ago for no apparent reason.

Any help from someone out there who would have encountered a similar issue?
Thanks in advance

Re: Flashing Lights

Quite possibly a failing power supply - please contact the retailer or local distributor for service options.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Flashing Lights

Yes that can happen too. I had this with a Tascam unit. Would need some time to stabilize too. Was the Power board, with dying caps. But it was a known issue so there were instructions which caps to replace.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632