1 (edited by iamyila 2019-06-20 09:34:56)

Topic: Babyface Pro - forgets settings

Hi I have my babyface pro in a second room connected via ADAT to the rest of the system

the problem is on powering up the babyface pro always reverts to 44.1 and the rest are at 48.. this causes some sync issues..

I have to then plug an ipad or computer into the babyface to kick it to 48 and then make sure its power stays on

is there a way for it to remember?

www.yila.co.uk

Re: Babyface Pro - forgets settings

The DAW project (the application which loads the ASIO driver) sets the sample frequency.

Or you need to configure it as clock slave.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

maybe I wasn't clear

the babyface is in standalone mode..

yes it's all fine once you plug a computer or ipad into it, but I don't want to always have to do that, maybe it has no flash memory at all, or perhaps the battery ran out?

www.yila.co.uk

is clock slave setting not remembered in standalone mode ? Whats does the manual say what settings are covered by standalone mode ??

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I couldn't find it in the manual, hence coming here..

no clock slave is not remembered. Every time I power it on it's at 44.1

www.yila.co.uk

Chapter 33.2

33.2 Stand-Alone Mode
Switching on the unit without being connected to USB activates stand-alone mode, no matter if the unit has been set to PC or CC mode before. In this mode the unit offers extensive configuration options, like clocking and routing/mixing, that turn it into lots of useful, hi-quality tools. Examples are a 2 channel microphone preamp with analog and digital output, a headphone amp with analog and digital inputs, and many more.

The clock modes are the same as in CC mode, but here the chosen sample rate is indeed used by the unit.

To recap what AutoSync means:
- Without further configuration and no digital input signal, it will default to 44.1 kHz internal sample rate.
- When receiving a digital input signal in SPDIF format, it will sync itself on the external sample rate, from 32 kHz to 192 kHz.
- When receiving a digital input signal in ADAT format, it will sync itself on the external sample rate, from 32 to 48 kHz.
Double Speed mode is automatically set when receiving an ADAT signal from other RME devices. Otherwise the setting has to be performed manually (see next chapter).

ok so in other words, no it doesn't remember

www.yila.co.uk

8 (edited by ramses 2019-06-22 11:15:55)

In other words it should be able in stand-alone mode to learn the sample rate fom its digital input.

It does not need to be remembered somewhere in the config.

But for that you need a toslink cable from the master device actiing as clock master to the BBF Pro.
Because clock is being transmittend into the sending direction from one device to the other.

And then it depends what you use as Protocol over this TOSLINK cable, either ADAT (8 channel) or SPDIF (2 channel).
If SPDIF then the BBF Pro can sync to a clock rate between 32-192 kHz
If ADAT, then 32-48 kHz ...

Like it is written there ....

iamyila wrote:

ok so in other words, no it doesn't remember

So in other words it does but you did not configure it as described in the manual. No need for AutoSync.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah ok now I see

So I just have to unplug the usb cable and it will pick up sync, think I always had a usb cable plugged into it

www.yila.co.uk

I tried powering on without the usb cable (which is normally not plugged into anything) and it still does not pick up sync from external optical..

www.yila.co.uk

Did you configure it as described in the manual, choosing the correct clock mode directly at the unit? Current manual, page 92.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

apparently not

I have now, thanks.. is working cheers

www.yila.co.uk