Topic: Firmware Updates ADI-2 Pro 193 / 94 and DAC 26 / 29

While the firmware versions released a few weeks ago, see

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=28859

were well received we had overlooked a few smaller issues that were caused by the changes in said firmware. In the meantime we also got notified of two older bugs that - thanks to very detailed user feedback - could be identified and fixed quickly. That brings us to the new DSP versions 94 for the Pro and 29 for the DAC. This update is highly recommended!

Here are the details.

ADI-2 DAC

- The currently loaded EQ Preset stays valid after a reboot (if it wasn't modified). That also solves the EQ Preset name in the new Details Top screen to no longer change to 'Manual' after reboot.

- To make ON and OFF messages easier to recognize ON now features a light green background, OFF a light grey one, and OFF and ON are in capital letters which also improves readability.

- Brought back Standby button to interrupt the AutoDark mode.

- Changed 'DIM' to 'Dim'

ADI-2 Pro

- New meter options Pre-FX, Post-FX and Dual now work as expected on the analog inputs in the Global Level Meter screen

- Loading a setup that had Basic mode AD/DA and then an Analog input chosen as source required to load the setup two times in a row to activate the analog input.

- New Remap Keys options Polarity, Crossfeed 1-5 and all DA filters did not work.

- Amber did not show the intended color change when in DSD mode

- A specific setting in combination with Dual Linked Volume (Dual Phones On) caused an invalid  Balance value of L850 after reboot (and it sounded like that - screwed).

General

- Added phones removal to interrupt the AutoDark mode.

Firmware downloads

Win:
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fu … ce_win.zip

Mac:
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fu … ce_mac.zip

Windows: If you need to install the driver for the flash process and uninstall it again:
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 81#p135881

As always updated manuals are available for download on our website:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/adi2dac_e.pdf

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/adi2profs_e.pdf

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Firmware Updates ADI-2 Pro 193 / 94 and DAC 26 / 29

Given download adi-pro manual sill at Version: User’s Guide ADI-2 Pro FS – v 2.3....

Here I get 2.4. Which was uploaded already with the last firmware update.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Using the mobil and given link shows on the bottom after several pages 2.3 ....

On my iPhone I get 2.4 when I click on the link in post 1.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Different background colors for ON and OFF messages is a great idea, I wouldn't mind if more vivid colors were used though, right now they look very similar to white and it's had to tell them apart.

MC wrote:

On my iPhone I get 2.4 when I click on the link in post 1.

On page 2, on the bottom, I get on mobile using given links

DAC 1.6
Pro 2.3

Cheers

Hp

Confirmation: I used the link in the first post, I have got 2.3 for adi2profs (footer from page 2).

MC wrote:

ADI-2 DAC
- To make ON and OFF messages easier to recognize ON now features a light green background, OFF a light grey one, and OFF and ON are in capital letters which also improves readability.

Yay! Can't believe it's implemented so quickly. Thank you. And it's perfectly visible now! (even from a couple of metres away).

Sebastian.Athea wrote:

Different background colors for ON and OFF messages is a great idea, I wouldn't mind if more vivid colors were used though, right now they look very similar to white and it's had to tell them apart.

Yes please. The ON/OFF colours could be more vivid.

And Volume Screen, hmm... I know that you RME engineers  can't make happy everyone here, but if I can nicely  suggest , these greyish and red colours look odd comparing to other "posh looking" screens.

Big thank you RME for fantastic evolving and great sounding machine smile

Sebastian.Athea wrote:

+1

Mac Mini 2018, Apple Thunderbolt Display, macOS Monterey, ADI-2 DAC V.1, Hifiman Arya V.1

More 'vivid' colors make it harder to read the black color text. And it is not easy to make the font bigger or use a different color for it. We often do have reasons for what we do. This is a compromise to enable that kind of feature at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias, I understand.
  I just meant that colours are more visible than text.  I can't anyway read text ON/OFF from the distance (about 3 meters) I use DAC.
Hmm... it's not easy to find perfect solution, I know.

I like the latest update, the detailed info screen is very handy and a volume knob that mutes at last!. Wooh!. I do have a couple of wishes, although I think they may have been mentioned already. Never hurts to pipe up though!

Now we have the detailed info volume screen the other one is a bit redundant. However, the behaviour of treble/bass adjustment is different on them - I prefer the adjustment screen not to pop up like on the simpler info screen - so it'd be nice if the simpler volume screen was removed and to be given the choice of having the treble/bass screen pop up or not (and to make it fit with the chosen theme).

My other request would be to make changing inputs quicker. Leaving it on "auto" doesn't really work when you have three connected inputs, and even pressing I/O depends on where you were last in that menu. Perhaps on the input info screen a turn of one of the encoder knobs could cycle through the inputs. Then from any screen you're never more than a push and a turn from being able to change inputs. Perhaps the encoder knob behaviour could be configurable on that screen like the buttons are. I'd probably have the top one adjust the input and the bottom adjust crossfeed, but they could have the option of adjusting other things too. Those two encoder knobs have a lot of potential.

My only other wish would be for a "pitch black" theme option. Just black, white, with a splash of colour for accents. The dark theme is very nice but I'm a dark mode eveything kinda guy!.

Anyhow, thanks for the regular updates guys, great work

Yes I've wanted remappable t/b encoders for a while.
Also it would be useful if bit depth was displayed on detail and/or dark screen.

Remappable encoders would be great on my Pro FS.  Being able to scroll through setups with one of them would be superb

17 (edited by N00b 2019-06-28 09:46:48)

A little display bug when pre-emphasis is detected on the State top screen...

https://reho.st/self/6688423ea027de677692955f25159d7663e5e089.jpg

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

I've put it on the list. I checked that myself, but it seems a last minute change broke it thereafter.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

19 (edited by Curt962 2019-06-29 15:10:27)

Many Thanks MC!!   The New Firmware for the ADI-2 DAC is installed, and now, my named EQ Preset is shown on the Details Screen as promised.  Cool!

RME's ongoing Product Refinement is to be applauded, and continually adds Value to the Product Ownership Experience. 

Well Done!

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Curt962 wrote:

Many Thanks MC!!   The New Firmware for the ADI-2 DAC is installed, and now, my named EQ Preset is shown on the Details Screen as promised.  Cool!

RME's ongoing Product Refinement is to be applauded, and continually adds Value to the Product Ownership Experience. 

Well Done!

+1

I think I have found a bug; "crossfeed ON" appears in a window with white background instead of green, but "crossfeed OFF" appears in gray window.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/56rgf766eldr … ugiga?dl=0
BTW make sharing images easier, like on every other forum ever, this is ridicules.

Your picture shows 'Crossfeed 3'. There is no Crossfeed ON anywhere, so there is no bug. And BTW, that message has the default light yellow background, not white.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Your picture shows 'Crossfeed 3'. There is no Crossfeed ON anywhere, so there is no bug. And BTW, that message has the default light yellow background, not white.

But shouldn't "Crossfeed 3" mean Crossfeed ON at level 3, especially when you tap the same shortcut button the message "Crossfeed OFF" appears in gray window?

N00b wrote:

A little display bug when pre-emphasis is detected on the State top screen...

Fixed in DSP version 30, see here:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 31#p142931

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Different background colors for ON and OFF It's a great idea. Many users like me wondered, sitting a few meters from the device, whether the function is enabled or disabled. Fantastic funcionality improved day by day.

Best