Topic: Channel input stage broken, can I work on ?

Channel 1 on my Fireface 800 is indicating sound in, green light. Nothing goes in, I tried to switch front/rear. Its a low rumble around 50 hz. Emiliano96 from the forum had similar problem and was told that the channel input stage was broken and needed repair.

My question. Can i continue using the interface, Will its damage the interface ?

I dont need all my ins so I could survive missing one.

Re: Channel input stage broken, can I work on ?

Nothing will be damaged, but you can't use the front input #1 in this state. Switch Input 1 to Rear in FF Settings and you can continue using the unit.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hello. Thanks for your reply.

Switching from front to rear makes no difference, it still tracks 50hz bum into recording, unless Im misunderstanding something ?

That's quite unusual. You could send the unit in for inspection and repair cost quote.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Does the hum remain when everything but headphones and usb is disconnected? Or even disconnect USB.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Everything is disconnected, No Firewire, no headphones or midi. Only power. The input indicator on channel 1 is very green indeed, Like it receives a lot of input. I haven't changed anything in my setup for years, it only just appeared. As said changing front to rear or both makes no difference. Im worried that this gain feed could somehow harm the unit.