Topic: RME Fireface400 Output noise

Hi
hope you guys doing well
i have Rme fireface400 all of sudden my right speaker had lil noise randomly (speakers are connected to output1/2)

i turned off speakers checked with headphone(ch7/8)==> no noise
i connected speakers to output hardware 3/4 ==> no noise
i connected my right speaker one time to output 2===> noise was gone
i connected my right speaker to output 1 ===> no noise
i connected speakers like before to output 1/2 now everything is ok!

honestly i got confused i wanted to share my experience to  see if there is anything i need to take care of before anything more serious happen to my setup really love my Soundcard don't want anything bad coming up loll

my setup is

Macbook pro 13
Rme fireface 400
yamaha hs8

thanks for your time and help in advance

Re: RME Fireface400 Output noise

Occasionally this happens with my Fireface 800 - the 1/4" TRS plugs and the corresponding sockets on the Fireface get a little dirty, especially when the humidity is high in the summer. You can clean off the plugs with isopropyl alcohol, but often all that is needed is what you've done already: remove and replace the plugs a couple of times to scrape the build-up off both surfaces. There are purpose-built contact cleaners for this task, but they may not be all that environmentally friendly, and usually in this case, not really needed.

Frank Lockwood
https://LockwoodARS.com
Fireface 800, Firmware 2.77
Drivers: Win10, 3.125; Mac, 3.36

Re: RME Fireface400 Output noise

fl wrote:

Occasionally this happens with my Fireface 800 - the 1/4" TRS plugs and the corresponding sockets on the Fireface get a little dirty, especially when the humidity is high in the summer. You can clean off the plugs with isopropyl alcohol, but often all that is needed is what you've done already: remove and replace the plugs a couple of times to scrape the build-up off both surfaces. There are purpose-built contact cleaners for this task, but they may not be all that environmentally friendly, and usually in this case, not really needed.

Thanks for your time and reply, i am more relax now lol
Will do it first thing when i get back to home and will update the post with results