Topic: Connect Art Pro MPA II to Babyface pro via Line (unbalanced) inputs.

Hello,

I would like to use the XLR inputs (1/2) on the babyface pro to record vocals.

Additionally, I would like to use my Art Pro MPA 2 to record a acoustic/bass guitars (I like the sound of the unit).

My proposed configuration is as follows:

Vocal 1 --> XLR 1
Vocal 2 --> XLR 2
Guitar --> Art Pro Mpa 2 pre (balanced XLR output) --> Line input  3 (unbalanced TRS)
Bass --> Art Pro Mpa 2 pre (balanced XLR output) --> Line input  4 (unbalanced TRS)

Is there any issue with this setup? My main concern is if there would be any discernible audio loss from the Preamp balanced outputs to the Baby face pro line inputs.

Re: Connect Art Pro MPA II to Babyface pro via Line (unbalanced) inputs.

Anyone?

You can use non-balanced cables without issues as long as there are no issues ...
2x this or similar and you are through .. https://www.thomann.de/de/pro_snake_174 … cg_8_3_n_0

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

did you try to use the onboard preamps? i recently recorded for an upcoming album with great results...totally worth your time

I have and I really like the sound, I just want the option to use the external one as well.

Simply try as I said.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13