Topic: fut for MADIfaceXT on Win7 does not start

Hi, I try to update the fut for my MADIfaceXT. Double clicking the fut_mfusb3.exe does not produce any result, nothing happens. I did try on two different computers, Win 7, with newest software drivers.
The MADface is connected via PCIe.
What to do???

Re: fut for MADIfaceXT on Win7 does not start

Connect via USB.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Or use the PCIe flash tool...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Where to find that? On the download site there is only one flash update for MADIface XT, as far as I see?

MC wrote:

... I tried the pcie_fut now, from the (HDSP flash update), but that doesn't start either.

In detail again: I'm using my MADIface with a PCIe-cable connected to my notebook with a "normal" PCIe card in the slot.
It seems to me that the PCIe flash tool from the RME download page is meant to update the RME card?!
How can I do a hardware update when using the device like this?

I did connect the device via USB and flash update did run then, but when running it via PCIe it still shows the old firmware, no update to be seen.

As the MADIface did never run steadily via USB on my Lenovo notebooks, I need to find a solution with the PCIe connection.

Are you sure that you took the proper flash tool for PCIe ?
You wrote: "pcie_fut"
According to Download page this is: "fut_hdspe_fx_win.zip" from 19.02.2019

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Nono wrote:
MC wrote:

... I tried the pcie_fut now, from the (HDSP flash update), but that doesn't start either.

In detail again: I'm using my MADIface with a PCIe-cable connected to my notebook with a "normal" PCIe card in the slot.
It seems to me that the PCIe flash tool from the RME download page is meant to update the RME card?!

I did connect the device via USB and flash update did run then, but when running it via PCIe it still shows the old firmware, no update to be seen.

As the MADIface did never run steadily via USB on my Lenovo notebooks, I need to find a solution with the PCIe connection.

Questions:

- does the MADIface XT work at all? Or is your PCIe connection not working and you try to fix it with a firmware update?

- Did you power toggle the MF XT after the USB firmware update?

- What is the current firmware version, and how did you check it?

- What is the current driver version?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
Nono wrote:
MC wrote:

Questions:

- does the MADIface XT work at all? Or is your PCIe connection not working and you try to fix it with a firmware update?

- Did you power toggle the MF XT after the USB firmware update?

- What is the current firmware version, and how did you check it?

- What is the current driver version?

Yes, the MADIface does work. The analog output produces crackling, what I hoped could be fixed by a firmware update.
I did power off / on the device after the USB firmware update.
Current driver shown when run by PCIe is 2.02 from 17.12.2014.
The drivers I downloaded from the website are fut_mfusb3.exe from 2.7.2019 and pcie_fut.exe from 12.7.2018.

ramses already showed you that you downloaded the wrong flash tool, it is hdspe_fx_fut.exe.

Now if you use a current driver for it everything might just work:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … in_214.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

That was it - thanks a lot!!
Just too dumb to recognize the right driver on the website ;-)