Topic: OSC Control ADAT

Dear all,

I have spend some hours here in the forum and in TotalMix and im pretty frustrated.

My Question is simple : How can I control ADAT 11 on my TotalMix FX via OSC.

I tried setting channels per bank to 24, try locking on different submixes, using a second OSC device etcpp.
Nothing worked. I can control my first 24 Channels (so until ADAT10) with no problem, but setting it to something different (e.g. channel 25 and above) seems to be impossible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: OSC Control ADAT

It may help to tell, which recording interface you have.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by maurice.oeser 2019-08-09 09:57:57)

sorry, forgot about that...

So I'm using a Fireface UFX and Totalmix FX 1.50

So for example, if i want to control the softwarePlayback row, what I get from the forum / documentation would be to to send "/busPlayback" and then "/1/volume1" to control the first channel of this row. is that correct so far?
Because that's not working for me sadly. I tried out /1/busPlayback, /busPlayback 1 etcpp.

thanks for any tips!

5 (edited by ramses 2019-08-09 10:24:12)

My 1st suspicion was that you use a wrong channel number, but then I re-read what you wrote, that up to channel 24 (ADAT10) all works as expected, but starting with channel 25 (ADAT11) it doesn't work.

Looking at the OSC Table (https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/os … talmix.zip)
it looks to me as if the value range for setSubmix starts at 0.

Not that you became fooled during testing  (off by 1 error) ?!
ADAT11 seems to be channel #24 not 25.

I am not using this subsystem, that all I can contribute.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

hey ramses,

thanks for your fast reply, thats indeed true but that wasn't the problem.
after some grey hair I found out my problems:

So I was sending /1/busOutput 1 from my MaxMSP patch,
but what I needed to send was "/1/busOutput 1.".

The difference is that the second one is one string instead of two messages split into adress and value. The second difference is that the value (1.) needs to be a floating point number it seems, otherwise it didnt work.
Quite strange behavior with no documentation it seems. But now I can switch between input / playback / output row smile

Thanks anyway for the help, maybe this helps someone in the future!

Yes indeed, very useful and I will remind "floating point value" for sure wink

Many thanks for sharing your findings.

Although I didn't need it anymore, still haven't found a solution for controlling the 25. fader on a row with maximum bank-size of 24. So how would I set an offset to get higher channels? WIth the setSubmix command? Maybe it didn't work for me for the same reasons as changing the row.( one string + floating point value) .
Workaround I found was to hide all the channels inbetween I don't need so I can reach all my desired channels with 24 options.

Sounds like an issue on the TotalMix FX side if hiding of channels solve the issue for you
which seems to make it work when you stay below a certain channel number.

setBankStart - on the first page of the official RME OSC spreadsheet.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hey MC,

thanks for the reply.

I saw and tried that command, it didn't change anything for me.

I think the problem could be the same, Having to make sure which commands are send as a String and which as an adress+value pair. The problem could be in MaxMSP formatting I guess.

Will try out setBankStart with my new knowledge about that issue smile

thanks!