Topic: Aggregate Device w/ 2x Digiface USB?

Has anyone tried using a setup with 2x Digiface USB's in an aggregate device under macOS? I'm considering adding a second one to dedicate for use with an ADAT-to-Eurorack setup (connected to 3x ADAT interfaces) and using the other for audio I/O to output 8-channel preamps.

Re: Aggregate Device w/ 2x Digiface USB?

See handbook chapter 16. Up to three devices as aggregate device seem to be supported.

16. Using more than one Digiface USB
OS X supports the usage of more than one audio device within an audio software. This is done
via the Core Audio function Aggregate Devices, which allows to combine several devices into
one. All units have to be in sync, i.e. have to receive valid sync information via a digital input
signal.
• If one of the devices is set to clock mode Master, all others have to be set to clock mode
Slave, and have to be synced from the master by feeding ADAT or SPDIF. The clock
modes of all units have to be set up correctly in their Settings dialog.
• If all units are fed with a synchronous clock, i.e. all units show Sync in their Settings dialog,
all channels can be used at once.
Note: TotalMix is part of the hardware of each device. Up to three mixers are available, but
these are separated and can't interchange data. Therefore a global mixer for all units is not
possible.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Aggregate Device w/ 2x Digiface USB?

I'm looking to do something similar but run 2x digiface usbs on windows 10 as 2x 32channel soundcards and use 48 of the 64 outputs to a 48 channel console.

I only really require the routing in my DAW - Reaper to allow me to send  upto 48 stems/live audio at once out into individual mixer channels for mixing. Spare ins/outs would be a bonus as id use them to figure some stuff out with my outboard gear and patchbays.