Topic: connecting two RME Hammerfall DSP Multifaces

Hello,

I'm new here and have a question which I couldn't find anywhere.
I have an old RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface connected with my Mac Pro via PCI interface card.
Everything works fine, but a friend of mine has the same Hammerfall Multiface and we were trying to connect the two with the adat optical.
And we are not successful.
Does anyone know if this is even possible to connect the two machines and if it is possible, how?

Thanks

Re: connecting two RME Hammerfall DSP Multifaces

It's possible, but complicated. You have to connect the 2nd unit to the HDSP host card to create the routings (Analog 1-8 > ADAT 1-8, and ADAT 1-8 > Analog 1-8). Then you need to connect the external DC power supply, then click the "Disconnect" box in HDSP Settings. Now you can unplug the FW400 cable and connect the original unit to the Mac Pro again.

As long as the unit stays powered with the external PSU, it will continue to work with these routings in TotalMix.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

It's possible, but complicated. You have to connect the 2nd unit to the HDSP host card to create the routings (Analog 1-8 > ADAT 1-8, and ADAT 1-8 > Analog 1-8). Then you need to connect the external DC power supply, then click the "Disconnect" box in HDSP Settings. Now you can unplug the FW400 cable and connect the original unit to the Mac Pro again.

As long as the unit stays powered with the external PSU, it will continue to work with these routings in TotalMix.

Hey Jeff,

Is it possible for you to film this process ? Iā€™m not sure what you mean by the greater than < > symbols in the process. I am currently trying to do the same thing and am having a lot of trouble!

This gear is all really old, I have not had a Multiface here for years. So no chance to film a video, sorry.

The meaning of the symbols is routing.

Analog input 1 routes to ADAT output 1
Analog input 2 routes to ADAT output 2
and so on

ADAT input 1 routes to Analog output 1
ADAT input 2 routes to Analog output 2
and so on

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.