Topic: Hdspe aio & adi-2 dac

I have a few questions
I want to build my studio around the aio pcie card bcecause of its great drivers/low latency
1. Will i be able to use the adi-2 dac along with this sound card for high quality monitoring for mixing and listening? Would it be easy to set up?
2. If i wanted to record vocals, would the adi-2 pro fs be an option if i had a mic pre, or is my best bet to plug straight into the aio inputs?
Thanks in advance

Re: Hdspe aio & adi-2 dac

Hello,

1. Yes, you can connect the DAC to the AIO card with optical or coaxial SPDIF for your DA.
2. Neither the ADI-2 Pro FS nor the AIO have preamps inside. You will need a mic preamp in front of either unit.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Hello,

1. Yes, you can connect the DAC to the AIO card with optical or coaxial SPDIF for your DA.
2. Neither the ADI-2 Pro FS nor the AIO have preamps inside. You will need a mic preamp in front of either unit.

Thank u sir
Would the adi pro fs be useful if i wanted to record a sound module or if i had a mic pre in front, or can the aio record the sounds just as good with no major difference?

ADI-2 Pro is definitely better than the AIO in terms of A/D performance. But, the AIO is already very good! So, it's up to you whether this is worth the expense.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.