Topic: FF800 Driver problem

Hi gurus.

Recently updated my pc from windows 7 to 10.

After update, FF800 still worked, however I had no Totalmix or RME settings icons in my tray. Went for a hunt and couldn't find them anywhere. Downloaded the latest driver in the hope that would reinstall the apps. It kind of worked - I have Totalmix now, but not the settings tool (where you can choose Input 1 to be front or rear, etc).

Checked out my installed apps, and I have both Windows Driver Package - RME Fireface 3.1.22.0 and 3.1.25.0 installed.

Figured I'd just uninstall everything and start fresh.

However WDP 3.1.22 will not uninstall. When I try, the Device Driver Installation Wizard gives me error message you can see in this screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11KLYbM … sp=sharing

Everything still works, so I don't know if I necessarily need to bother with the Driver, but I need that settings tool and not sure how else to get it without a fresh reinstall.

Anyone got ideas?

Re: FF800 Driver problem

Welp, I found Fireface Settings app in System32 folder (also where I managed to find Totalmix before) - not sure why they don't appear anywhere else, but I've pinned them to taskbar now, so... that's a workaround, as much as I'd prefer a clean solution.

Re: FF800 Driver problem

Sometimes the apps are just hidden in the task bar, did you check that?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME