Topic: Adi-2 pro fs in new setup

Hi im new to this just wondering does this setup make sense for recording and will the vocals sound good as well as Low latency recording:
External Mic preamp>adi-2 pro fs>raydat pcie card
Thanks in advance

Re: Adi-2 pro fs in new setup

talamobeatz wrote:

Hi im new to this just wondering does this setup make sense for recording and will the vocals sound good as well as Low latency recording:
External Mic preamp>adi-2 pro fs>raydat pcie cardi
Thanks in advance

Yes sure. Very good setup. You have then very good AKM AD and DA converter to also connect monitor and phones and getting best quality and great features like auto ref control and Dynamik loudness.

Check the manual in terms of ad/da latency of the converters,  very low. I would operate the unit in standalone mode in front of the RayDAT.
USB you only require to upgrade firmware. Everything else will be controlled by the RayDAT ASIO driver/TM FX.

As the RayDAT has fully separate AES and ADAT channels you can setup routing on the ADI-2 pro in a way that audio from AES IN is being routed to monitors and from adat to phones. This way you can control routing to either monitors or phones even by TotalmixFX / ARC USB, as described in this blog article that I wrote:

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … ort-DE-EN/

And this is an additional way how to integrate ADI-2 Pro into your environment by only using one digital connection to the recording interface, then you can switch between monitors and phones by using one remapped key on the adi-2 pro. This is the way how I use it currently with UFX+.

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … a880884caa

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Wow thanks alot that's alot to take in as im new to this but the picture diagram helps alot
So with recording vocals would connecting the mic preamp to the adi-2 pro give me any quality benefits and would i be recording through the raydat or adi2 on my daw? Before i pull the trigger on the order i jus want to be sure
Thanks again

DAW would use RAYDAT ASIO driver.
You get the signal on the RayDAT's input to which you connect the ADI-2 Pro FS. Several possibilities: ADAT (1-4), optical SPDIF (ADAT4) and via breakout cable: AES and coax. SPDIF.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13