Topic: [Solved] Babyface pro works - UCX does not

(Windows 7 - 64 bit)

Hey guys,

Just got a UCX, plugged it in and my PC does not recognize it. Noticed that the Driver for the UCX and the Babyface is the same one so DL the latest one and installed. My babyface Pro works just as it did until now.

Tried the Flash Update tool for the UCX but it doesn't launch of course. Flashed the babyface no problem.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks!

Re: [Solved] Babyface pro works - UCX does not

Pls read the driver descriptions more closely.

UCX and the old Babyface (not Pro) use the same driver. Babyface Pro uses the newer madiface driver.

You need to additionally install the old USB driver for the UCX.

Then later you need to decide which of the two interfaces shall become the main interface as a DAW can only load ONE ASIO driver at a time.

I would propose to use the UCX as main interface as it has most ports. Connect the BBFP with 2 TOSLINK cables, UCX will be clock master and BBFP clock slave.

Ensure in the settings dialog for both devices that they use the same ASIO buffer size (besides proper clock synchronization).

The 2 Mics and analog inputs / outputs you can route through ADAT then.

You can either keep two TM FX instances open, then you can make adjustments to both units.

Alternatively you can remove the BBFP usb cable and use it in standalone mode once the rouuting has been configured by you.

I would then get the ARC USB additionally to control the UCX.

If you should have both interraces still connected you need to deactivate the ARC USB for one of the two devices / TM FX instances.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

driver_usb_win_1168.zip - clearly states it's for babyface pro and UCX

However i am happy to try your method - any chance you can link me to the correct version for the UCX? couldn't find it in the driver section.

Appreciate your help!

So I found the original CD and tried to run the driver off it and it won't run at all... other apps off the CD run with out any problem... so strange.

5 (edited by ramses 2019-09-01 13:37:33)

Sorry my fault,  was from memory as I have only a smartphone with me..

Maybe your UCX is in CC mode? Deactivate CC mode.

Or try other USB cable and all other USB2/3 ports on your computer. Preferably use those coming from Chipset (AMD/Intel) not from 3rd party USB controllers.

As both interfaces use the same ASIO driver then the DAW can access  ports from both devices directly via USB.
Still you need to clock sync both interfaces by using one digital connection like ADAT and making sure both use the same ASIO buffersize.
Alternatively you still can decide to run one of the two interfaces in standalone mode after having configured the routing.
Could be easier for operation having to use only one TM FX instance for the UCX.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

"Maybe your UCX is in CC mode? Deactivate CC mode."

That was it! Thanks a lot.

Nice, enjoy ;-)