Topic: For RME Fireface UFX 2 > Intel i7 or i9 ??

Hello everyone ! big_smile

Which processor to choose, Intel i9 or intel i7?

I need some advice to renew my computer park, I mainly use Nuendo / Cubase / Pro tools for music production, creation and post-production and a lot of plug-in and virtual instruments, my sound card is a RME UFX 2 and i work on Windows 10 home

Thank you all for your time, and look forward to hearing from you if you can help me !! :roll:
Phil

Re: For RME Fireface UFX 2 > Intel i7 or i9 ??

Having a faster cpu is always nice(r).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I agree with you, but I'm not sure that the compatibility of intel i9 are really perfect with software like Cubase / Nuendo?

4 (edited by Thermaltake 2019-08-31 17:08:32)

Why wouldn't be i9 ok for cubase or nuendo ?

Everything is compatible so there won't be any problems.

if you have the budget go for the i9 offcourse to futureprooof your work better...i have an i7 8600 and i can make it sweat easily

6 (edited by ramses 2019-08-31 17:33:03)

Phil Prod wrote:

I agree with you, but I'm not sure that the compatibility of intel i9 are really perfect with software like Cubase / Nuendo?

It takes a few seconds to Google for

cubase cpu compatibility

and then you find links like this: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u … Components

i9 is listed there as well and there is no reason why an Intel cpu shall not support typical windows applications.

That ie new mainboards deliver no windows 7 drivers anymore is only a political thing of the "WINTEL alliance", there are no technical reasons. They want to kick Win7 out of the market by brute force, not by convincing everybody with a Win 10 of high quality and honoring people's privacy. Data mining is so tempting these days...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you for your comments, so it reassures me,
indeed, I heard that since versions 10 of Cubase and Nuendo, the I9 is finally well managed, but in doubt, I prefer asked;)

Some not too old AMD boards came with Win7 support. Might be an option to check whether those support latest Ryzon CPU'S.

The latest AMD Chipset is not really required, no big benefits out of PCIE 4.0 and it has a blower... Not nice for silent pc builds.

The Chipset before also supports the latest Ryzens and Win7 driver support much more likely,  could be an option.

The only thing I fear is that Ryzens might run better on Win10 as Win10 got some Optimizations for the CPU architecture I read somewhere.

I don't want to be the 1st building a recording pc based on the new Ryzens ...but could perhaps be an option ...

indeed, AMD interested me a lot, the performances are really top for a lower price .. unfortunately, on the advice of a technician in the digital audio, the only problem is that AMD is less widespread, in case of trouble, the troubles would be more complicated to solve