Topic: SSL X Desk with Fireface UFX II

Hey Everyone,

Recently purchased an SSL X Desk and was wondering if anyone had any tips as to be the best way to connect this with the UFX II.  Additionally, I also have an M32 DA, and was hoping I may utilize this instead of getting something like the SSL Alpha Link.

Essentially, I'm looking for 6 stereo channels out of the setup for the purpose of stem mixing.

Thank you in advance!

2 (edited by ramses 2019-09-02 17:15:14)

Re: SSL X Desk with Fireface UFX II

Not sure what signal flow you require exactly from your description.

But if you have already an M32 DA then I am wondering why you didn't purchase an UFX+ instead of UFX II to be able to connect the M32 DA via MADI.

By this you would surely have more options to connect also the SSL Alpha link.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: SSL X Desk with Fireface UFX II

ramses wrote:

Not sure what signal flow you require exactly from your description.

But if you have already an M32 DA then I am wondering why you didn't purchase an UFX+ instead of UFX II to be able to connect the M32 DA via MADI.

By this you would surely have more options to connect also the SSL Alpha link.

Unfortunately, the UFX II was the first purchase, the M32 came later into the picture but I quickly realized it wasn't also what I was looking for because the UFX II has no MADI.

What I'm looking to setup is an SSL based stem mastering setup, with the desk doing the analog summing and the X Rack (a later purchase) doing eq and dynamics processing.

The more that I look into it, it seems that getting an Alpha Link.