Topic: Listenback problem

Hello

We are trying to setup listen back in the second room

but listenback is not able to appear on the heaphones, is there a way to route listen back to different outs other than main?

or is it possible to have two talkback inputs?

Thanks

www.yila.co.uk

Re: Listenback problem

Hi, any ideas how to get a second talkback for the second room? Or listenback working in this way?

www.yila.co.uk

Anyway to add a second talkback mic? Now we have latching it could solve my problem..

The reason I need is that I don’t want a live mic on for talking in the second room all the time

www.yila.co.uk

iamyila wrote:

Hello

but listenback is not able to appear on the heaphones, is there a way to route listen back to different outs other than main?

or is it possible to have two talkback inputs?

Thanks

No, I think the Listenback functionality is right now only routing automatic to the main speaker outs for situations like in separate "old-school" control room scenarios should appears.

RME should be thinking about  modern "Home and Project" studio situations even in bigger rooms.  Meaning one room situation for all. Yes, then you can speak together without any microphone to each other.

BUT: If each person (performer and engineer using both closed headphones for keeping back unwanted "Bleeding" signals. then it should be nice for the possibility in TotalFX to configure TWO Talkback signals instead of one Talkback and one Listenback signal in preferences. This means TWO Talkback microphones for the performer and the engineer. Both microphones are then still only working when the Talkback button is activated. And also the engineer can hear the conservation over headphones.

Yes I understand it's to avoid feedback issues... but in my case, having two rooms it's really a pain to not be able to hear the second room, in some cases they might be in the other room playing just guitar, in which case there is not a live mic picking up the talking.

The listenback doesn't seem to have a switch on / off either, I guess I could gate one mic.. but be good to have the listenback have an on off switch and then route to both the headphones and the main speakers.

www.yila.co.uk

I'm still really finding I need two talkback channels..

Now for a streaming situation where I want to enable talkback and then have the other remote channel.. so that it engages two channels.. is there a way?

www.yila.co.uk

I'm thinking if you had another mixer you could bring two or more mics into an input and assign it to the talkback. or perhaps with an xlr y cord you could make it work.