Topic: HDSPe AIO sound issues

Hello,

I'm having sound issues with my brand new HDSPe AIO. When Foobar2000 ( with Asio64 or Kernel Streaming) runs tracks above 96khz, the sound is crackling ( same as LP's ). And when the volume slider is at -100db I can hear noise.

The sound card is plugged on a PCI-E X1 port. DIY XLR cables ( Belden 1800F with Neutrik connectors ) are used with the balanced analog breakout cable ( BO9632XLRMKH ). These cables were connected to my old HDSP 9632 without sound issues. 

- My new hardware is: Asus Crosshair VIII ( X570 chipset ) + Ryzen 3700x.
- OS is Windows 10 v.1903.
- The HDSPe AIO is selected as default ( Analog 1+2 )
- Windows system sounds are shutted down.

In Foobar, i've tried to change the outpout from Asio to KS but the problem remains. To solve the problem I have to use the SOX resampler ...

I suspect compatibility problem with the AMD X570 chipset drivers ...

Need help please. Thanks.

Re: HDSPe AIO sound issues

Yes, looks like the PCIe slot that you're using is not working as one would expect. Try a different one.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'm interested to hear more on this as well. I'm currently wondering about upgrading to a new third series ryzen (coming from intel cpu), with a x570 board.
However, I'm afraid my hdspe AIO might not like switching to an AMD system? Are the new x570 boards tested with the AIO? Would be nice to know before I made the switch.

Or maybe I make the switch and will then have to sell the AIO and go a different route there instead.

MacPro HighSierra&AMD Win 10 PC. Studio One4 Cubase10. ADI-2 PRO,Quantum4848 HDSPe AIO Neumann KH310

4 (edited by JayDahl 2019-11-14 23:47:59)

Update:

I just updated to a ryzen system, running the 3600 on a B450m mortar titanium.
Everything works like a charm!

Didn't feel like going for the x570 was worth it with that CPU, so can't give any information on how it would preform with the AIO.

/Jay

MacPro HighSierra&AMD Win 10 PC. Studio One4 Cubase10. ADI-2 PRO,Quantum4848 HDSPe AIO Neumann KH310

5 (edited by SPHINXPROJECT 2019-12-06 01:10:49)

Hello Matthias,

thanks for your quick reply.

Well, I've managed to install Win7 64bits on my X570 board. Everything work fine now, no sound issues anymore ... So, the problem come from Win10.

Cheers

Everything works well? Are you able to get lower latency and stability?

Can you open and use multi asio hosts? E.g Cubase and kontakt standalone together?

No Win10?

SPHINXPROJECT wrote:

Hello Matthias,

Well, I've managed to install Win7 64bits on my X570 board. Everything work fine now, no sound issues anymore ... So, the problem come from Win10.

Cheers

7 (edited by SPHINXPROJECT 2020-03-18 22:01:25)

deliad wrote:

Everything works well? Are you able to get lower latency and stability?

Can you open and use multi asio hosts? E.g Cubase and kontakt standalone together?

No Win10?

SPHINXPROJECT wrote:

Hello Matthias,

Cheers

Hey Deliad,

sorry for the late reply. I don't use multi asio or cubase. The card is used to read music with Foobar2000, nothing else. For those with the same problem as myself, a reinstallation of the last Windows 10 version has fixed the issues.

So you assume that the upgrade installation from Win 7 to Win10 was causing this ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

9 (edited by deliad 2020-03-22 01:15:00)

ramses wrote:

So you assume that the upgrade installation from Win 7 to Win10 was causing this ?

From 10 he downgraded to 7 he said, and he isn't the only one here that said that it works

ramses i think RME must investigate those issues

10 (edited by ramses 2020-03-22 10:38:24)

deliad wrote:
ramses wrote:

From 10 he downgraded to 7 he said, and he isn't the only one here that said that it works

No, he said: " a reinstallation of the last Windows 10 version has fixed the issues."

deliad wrote:

I don't know RME's sight on this. But to me personally t sounds more like a problem that you have on your system.
Even those customers problem vanished after a new installation of Windows 10.

Did you also try a new installation of Win10 and leaving out susupicious add-on tools of the vendor (to update BIOS, control Wifi or Blower) which in many cases are programmed very bad and block the system ... ?!

Use Macrium Reflect to make a backup of your system 1st (-> disk image).

Another good idea would be the purchase of a 2nd SSD, so that you can perform a parallel Win10 installation, which saves time and doesn't impact your main Win10 installation. This will also serve you well before updates, as you can clone or restore your last working system there in case of trouble.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13