Topic: UFX+/UFXII EQ question

Does RME have any plans to upgrade parametric EQ on UFX+/UFXII to 5-bands, or making 5-bands mode selectable on per-channel basis? I think cards have enough DSP power to handle at least couple of 5-band EQs at 192khz.

Re: UFX+/UFXII EQ question

If I remember right something like this has been asked already whether some bits and bytes of ADI-2 Pro could be ported to flagship interface. But I think the question were in general terms ... so to say EQ for all channels.

I think features like dynamik loudness and PEQ are a very unique features of the ADI-2 Pro style of devices.

But what would be a very nice thing: 5 Band EQ for Main Out A/B only so that it doesnt need too much performance.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

But what would be a very nice thing: 5 Band EQ for Main Out A/B only so that it doesnt need too much performance.

Totally agree, it is the only purpose I asked for the feature: EQ two couples of monitors for the room. 3 bands are better than nothing, but with 5 bands results could be much better.

6 band eq can be done in TotalMix, but will cost you an extra output and an extra input. By basically connecting the output submix you want to eq to a spare input channel, you double your eq possibilities. I saw this on YouTube but haven`t tried it myself - seems logical...
Just a suggestion...

cheers
plank

- reduces number of channels
- adds latency

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13